Canon eos 1300 not connecting

Built-in WiFi only.
Happyasabean

Canon eos 1300 not connecting

Postby Happyasabean » Thu Nov 02, 2017 2:13 pm

Hi there,

I had the wifi all set up and working great last week on the trial version. I have an event on tomorrow and have just came to set up and the camera (and selphy printer) cannot be found by the app. All are connected to the same wifi, all else that has changed is installation of the latest update and purchasing of the small events package.

tim
Site Admin

Re: Canon eos 1300 not connecting

Postby tim » Thu Nov 02, 2017 2:27 pm

OK let's get it working.
First thing to check: please try with a blank, freshly formatted card.
Next: how is the wifi connected? It sounds like you are connecting the wifi of the ipad to a router/hotspot provider of some kind, is that correct? Assuming so, can you connect your iphone to the same router, use the official Canon app, and find the camera ok?
Please write a review for Wifibooth on the Apple App store! Indie developers like me really need people like you to review their apps. Instructions on how to write a review: http://goo.gl/w8NsDI.

Happyasabean

Postby Happyasabean » Thu Nov 02, 2017 5:11 pm

Hi Tim,

Thank you for your speedy reply! We have identified the problem; the wifi was set up for public access and therefore needed you to accept T&Cs which can be done on the iPad but not on the camera or printer! We have found a private network we can use now instead.

Many thanks again!

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Thu Nov 02, 2017 5:22 pm

Great & you are welcome! Well done on figuring this out.
Please write a review for Wifibooth on the Apple App store! Indie developers like me really need people like you to review their apps. Instructions on how to write a review: http://goo.gl/w8NsDI.

JazzyJ35

Postby JazzyJ35 » Sat Nov 25, 2017 4:37 am

Hello All

Sorry to interrupt. I am trying this now in my house. I have both Canon t6 and the iPad Pro 12.9. I downloaded the Wifi App, launch the app, and the app noticed the camera. When I take the first set of pictures (3), it took a good 30 seconds to download? Why so long? Second, the camera and the app is now locked up. The next guest will have to wait.

1. Do I need internet services to speed up the process?
2. Do I need another device to capture the images so the guest could send them to social media or their phones?
3. Do I need to format the card each time the connection drops? I am not sure why the iPad doesn't stay connected to the camera.

Thanks!
IG: that_gloup
facebook: harlemphotobooth

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Sat Nov 25, 2017 10:54 am

The Canon T6’s wifi is unfortunately not good. Some have reported improvement by going to Settings app -> wifibooth -> turn on Alt Cam Libs. But this degrades the experience somewhat, so only use this if you see a noticeable improvement. Restart wifibooth whenever you change this option.

To answer your questions:

1. No
2. No so long as you connect ipad wifi and camera wifi to some wifi access point that provides internet, like your iPhone hotspot. If you connect iPad direct to camera then it has no internet.
3. No

JazzyJ35

Postby JazzyJ35 » Sat Nov 25, 2017 2:08 pm

Thank Tim

I purchased the t6 because it has the Wifi included. Do you think the t6i is better? I heard the term infrastructure mode mentioned around here a lot.
Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Thanks!
IG: that_gloup
facebook: harlemphotobooth

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Sat Nov 25, 2017 5:19 pm

Yes the T6i is a lot better. You were right to get a canon - the problem is that the T6 is crazy-underpowered. The T6i is a lot better

Return to “Help: Cameras with Built-in WiFi”