Wifibooth compatible cameras

Built-in WiFi only.
geologic36

Re: Wifibooth compatible cameras

Postby geologic36 » Mon Nov 04, 2019 9:15 am

Hi geologic,
Are you saying Wifibooth doesn't work with the X-T30? What doesn't work -- does the camera not connect? or it connects but doesn't take photos?
the camera does not connect to Wifibooth the iPad is properly connected to the camera's wifi

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Mon Nov 04, 2019 9:50 am

Hi Geologic
Sorry it isn't working for you. Please can you try this for me:
1) make sure wifibooth is not running (ie. kill it, if it is)
2) Open Settings App -> Wifibooth, turn on the switch "Slower camera"
3) Turn off camera, turn back on. Important: when you go to the fuji camera's wifi screen, make sure you hit MENU/OK to forget the last pairing the camera had.
4) Try to connect Wifibooth again

Did that help?
Please write a review for Wifibooth on the Apple App store! Indie developers like me really need people like you to review their apps. Instructions on how to write a review: http://goo.gl/w8NsDI.

geologic36

Postby geologic36 » Mon Nov 04, 2019 10:03 am

yes super thank you very much everything works! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Mon Nov 04, 2019 10:12 am

Awesome, thanks for the feedback! that's very helpful.
Please write a review for Wifibooth on the Apple App store! Indie developers like me really need people like you to review their apps. Instructions on how to write a review: http://goo.gl/w8NsDI.

geologic36

Postby geologic36 » Mon Nov 04, 2019 10:31 am

Awesome, thanks for the feedback! that's very helpful.
the pictures transfer seems long I will try to fine-tune the camera settings

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Mon Nov 04, 2019 10:33 am

Yes, start with small JPG and see if the quality is sufficient.

Mojo0711

Postby Mojo0711 » Sat Nov 30, 2019 8:52 am

Hey Tim,

I´ve got the same problem. Gear I use:

Fuji XT-2 (with DC Adapter)
Ipad Pro 2018
WifiBooth

All the latest firmware versions.

The Problem is that sometimes I can connect and sometimes I can´t. Once they´ve found each other and I turn my camera off, they need to pair completely from scratch and then they won´t connect. I´ve already put hours of research into that problem, but did not find the conclusion or a system behind the error.
After a while I also sometimes get the Error 1001 cascadable.

Here´s what I´ve tried so far:

- formatted SD card with one JPG file
- different iOS devices
- turn everything on and off
- having no wifi nearby (in case of signal errors)
- settings to "slow" camera

It is really a bummer- sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn´t. The worst is that I found out about this error on a wedding where I first used the setup (with my freshly built booth) in field. When I tested it at home, everything worked fine (not for such a long use).
According to that, I had close the booth and refund the client his money for the service- not to talk about the immense disappointment...

Finally, here´s my question:
Do you have any tips for me, I haven´t tried so far that may help? I wanted to refund the app via the App Store but unfortunately I can´t since I´ve already "used" it (ha ha). Anyway, at the moment it´s just a 43€ worth piece of trash on my iPad, since I can not use it (sorry for the language but I am really annoyed about this).

Any suggestions for a solution for me?

Thank you very much in advance for your help, I appreciate it!

Best

Moe

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Sun Dec 01, 2019 2:07 pm

Hi Moe
Sorry to hear it isn't working well for you.
I have the Fuji XT-2, and although it can sometimes be a hassle to get the initial connection, it does work well.
If you see the error that you described (cascable error):
1) turn the camera power off
2) kill wifibooth (swipe it away)
3) turn camera power on, go to wifi, important: once you are already on the wifi screen, hit MENU/OK again to clear the last pairing of the camera (even if the last pairing was wifibooth)
4) connect wifi of ipad to camera (settings app)
5) start wifibooth and connect

Also please note this camera can have problems if you use both cards in the camera. If you still have issues make sure you only have one memory card in the camera.

These issues are unfortunately Fuji problems with their firmware, hopefully they fix them one day ...

AnnieDavid2020

Postby AnnieDavid2020 » Tue Aug 25, 2020 2:04 am

Hi 😊 I want to purchase the Canon PowerShot SX720 HS to pair with my Apple 10.2-inch iPad (7th Gen) & use it with your app. I saw the SX730 was compatible, but the SX720 isn’t listed. Can you please let me know if it will work?

Thanks so much!

Annie

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Tue Aug 25, 2020 8:56 am

Sorry Annie no it will not...

PicDB2020

Postby PicDB2020 » Mon Nov 16, 2020 8:59 pm

Hi! Does wifibooth support the Canon EOS M6 Mark II? I am having issues connecting the camera to the app and see that the Canon EOS M6 is supported but the EOS M6 Mark II is not listed. Thanks!

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Mon Nov 16, 2020 9:07 pm

Support for the EOS M6 Mark II is coming soon. If you'd like to be one of the first to try a beta build please send me a private message with your email address.

katquinto

Postby katquinto » Fri Jan 08, 2021 1:32 am

Can we add Sony RXO ii to the list of compatible cameras pls.

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Mon Feb 01, 2021 7:23 pm

Update - the list of cameras has been updated. http://wifibooth.com/help/articles/supported-cameras/
Canon 6D Mk II now supported.

EJC

Postby EJC » Tue Apr 20, 2021 3:21 pm

Tim,

Wired connection for the canon eos m50? I have the 9 in 1 hyper drive and the Ipad pro and it's not working.

Please help,
Matt

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Tue Apr 20, 2021 4:48 pm

Yes M50 should work wired. Please try a direct connection from iPad to the camera (USB, not HDMI). If the direct connection works then try a different hub

EJC

Postby EJC » Tue Apr 20, 2021 5:36 pm

I plugged it in. went to the camera icon, it spins and says connecting to camera. This happens when using both the USB-C adapter and the Hyper drive.

EJC

Postby EJC » Tue Apr 20, 2021 5:37 pm

its the eos m50 mark ii does that make a difference?

EJC

Postby EJC » Tue Apr 20, 2021 5:53 pm

The ipad shows a wired connection but wifi booth is not picking it up. Please help.

EJC

Postby EJC » Tue Apr 20, 2021 5:56 pm

It worked! I had to change the wire! Yippee

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Tue Apr 20, 2021 6:04 pm

Awesome, i'm very happy for you! As a long-time user of Wifibooth i'm guessing you are noticing an increased live-view framerate over the years huh :lol:

EJC

Postby EJC » Tue Apr 20, 2021 6:11 pm

LOL yes I am very excited. and I continue to be excited for the future. The live view looks great! So while I have you here Tim. If the camera is wired, and the printer uses blue tooth (Do I use sololink) can I then can I connect the ipad to the internet and share photos instantly? Can I send a slideshow to a separate ipad? Can I auto send emails? Can I print and send the photos to a selfie station?

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Tue Apr 20, 2021 6:27 pm

Ha all the questions at once eh.
While the iPad is hardwired to the camera, it can still use wifi to talk to a router for internet & for printing, and it can still use bluetooth to talk to SoloSlides on another iOS device for a slideshow. So basically yes to all your questions.
Also if you didn't check out booth.events yet please do so :)

EJC

Postby EJC » Tue Apr 20, 2021 6:56 pm

Booth.events is intriguing and the ultimate goal. First I need to unlock all of the capabilities of wifi booth. I'm still a bit unclear. Just a few more questions if you don't mind..

-Camera wired to ipad through 9-1 hyper drive
-If the printer is connected via sololink that would be blue tooth right?
Then the wifi could be used to email and add to dropbox, but would that leave out soloslides? or would all this work congruently?
The ipad is unlocked and would use carrier data.

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Tue Apr 20, 2021 7:00 pm

You should try to get to a setup without SoloLink if you can -- less is better. Can your printer go wifi to the same router as the ipad?
Yes, you can do all the same things when connected via wired camera as when no camera is connected

Return to “Help: Cameras with Built-in WiFi”