How to trigger multiple photos with iPad shutter

Built-in WiFi only.
bclsu16

How to trigger multiple photos with iPad shutter

Postby bclsu16 » Mon Jun 20, 2016 10:50 pm

Hi Tim,

I just purchased a Nikon D5300. I connected it to your app and it is working ok, but I can only get the iPad to trigger the shutter for a single photo at a time, unlike in the view when it is not connected to a DSLR. Is there a setting or something I'm missing? I'd like to trigger four sequential photos. I also can't figure out how to get a live feed of the camera on the iPad.

Thank you

PS I really appreciate your development of the custom event logo.

tim
Site Admin

Re: How to trigger multiple photos with iPad shutter

Postby tim » Tue Jun 21, 2016 3:40 pm

Hi,
Sorry, liveview and multi-shot are not available for built-in wifi, because the cameras don't really support them.
Liveview is supported by some cameras (including yours), but I have not had time to implement it -- because every camera has some different implementation of it (yuck).
It is on my list...

Momo

Postby Momo » Sun Aug 28, 2016 2:49 am

Hi,
I also own a D5300 and stumbled upon your App in search for a solution for an upcoming wedding. I do have to say it is perfect, except from the issue with the multiple pictures. I have desperately been searching to find an app with this feature, but so far I have had no luck. Then I read this thread a saw a little light at the end of the tunnel...

You said that wifi does not support multiple pictures, and this indeed seems to be a problem. But wouldn't it be possible to work around this problem by "simulating" another touch on the screen and thereby initiating another countdown and picture? And then show the last however many pictures were taken? Because on the camera it is easily possible to take another picture by pressing the regular shutter release directly after the app picture has been taken and this picture is still transferred, also triggered on the camera.

Happy to hear back!

Thanks!

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Sun Aug 28, 2016 8:57 am

Ok, i will see what i can do. It seems this is a popular request.

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Sun Sep 04, 2016 9:22 am

Update to this thread: support for triggering multiple photos at once has been added in update 3.1.0, available approx Sept. 7 on the app store. Liveview is already available .

Return to “Help: Cameras with Built-in WiFi”