Pre-Sale Questions

Built-in WiFi only.
johannTBox

Pre-Sale Questions

Postby johannTBox » Sat Nov 25, 2017 6:45 pm

Hey Wifibooth-Team,

first, let me tell you that with spotting your App I'm so relieved and excited about my new project.
I've tested your app and it just works very well. Some small Bugs (Do you want us to report them somewhere?) but still very well.

Before I get the Pro Version I'd really appreciated if you'd clarify some things for me:

With a camera that has Wifi (Canon or Nikon I dono yet) I will set up an iPad Pro and a DNP DS 620.

2 problems for me there:
How do I let the systems talk to each other AND have Internet at the same time.
When I decide to go for the DNP DS 620 would I really need to spend the extra 250 for the WPS Pro? There gotta be a cheaper solution? :o

I really appreciate your work here in the Community.

Best regards

Johann

tim
Site Admin

Re: Pre-Sale Questions

Postby tim » Sat Nov 25, 2017 6:54 pm

Hi Johann thanks!
I am busy so apologies for my brevity:
- to print with DNP you must either have a unit that makes it printable over Apple AirPrint, or, a WPS Pro unit. The latter is recommended
- to have the ipad connected to internet and camera at the same time, you must get a canon not a Nikon. That’s because only canon supports wifi infrastructure mode which means camera connects to something else. I suggest the canon 80D if you are using strobe/flash, or 750D if constant lighting
- please please please report bugs as soon as you find them. Please open a new thread for each issue/area. I will fix these ASAP if I can reproduce them (so show me how to)
Please write a review for Wifibooth on the Apple App store! Indie developers like me really need people like you to review their apps. Instructions on how to write a review: http://goo.gl/w8NsDI.

johannTBox

Postby johannTBox » Mon Nov 27, 2017 8:12 am

Hey Tim,

thank you for your quick reply! I think thats one of the major USP's of your app.

Still two important questions for us:

- How does the App look on an iPad pro 12,9 inch? Did you already test that?
- Whats the road gonna bring for the app? Do plan on implementing Facebook Instagram or
GIFs?

About the Bug posting: I will do as you suggested and put some threads with screenshots in here

Thank you

Johann

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Mon Nov 27, 2017 9:40 am

Hi Johann,
You're welcome!

Wifibooth looks fantastic on the 12.9" iPad. I own one of these (the original 12.9" iPad Pro), and I do all my events on it because guests love the bigger screen. It's an ideal usecase for this hardware.

The future is bright, but I can only say so much because things change all the time! I'm working on animated GIF support right now and i'm happy with the progress. I hope to get a beta build out soonish for testing.
Please write a review for Wifibooth on the Apple App store! Indie developers like me really need people like you to review their apps. Instructions on how to write a review: http://goo.gl/w8NsDI.

johannTBox

Postby johannTBox » Fri Dec 08, 2017 5:44 pm

Hey Tim,

Thank you for your reply!

Now that we have the big wonderful iPad Pro we are about to get a camera. As you told me I said to our dealer that we need a canon. He is a Nikon salesman so he insisted on the Nikon

https://www.nikonusa.com/en/nikon-produ ... d3400.html

Would also work!?

I know it’s not really your job to do that but if you would give me a hint if it really works as a Canon i‘d appreciated!

As I mentioned in another thread i‘d gladly pay it back in some translation work ;)

Thank you in advance

Johann

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Fri Dec 08, 2017 7:15 pm

Hey it IS totally my job to give you advice on how to make my app work best, so don't worry! I like helping! :)

And it's a good thing you asked before you bought it: the Nikons are really not good at wifi. The D3400 is NOT yet supported (doesn't work at all), it will be supported in a future update but I cannot tell you when. Most earlier Nikons work, but the wifi experience is bad and most importantly, you cannot have your ipad connected to the internet and a nikon camera at the same time.

I highly recommend the Canon 80D (or newer) if you can afford it, or the Canon 750D if not.
There are decent Panasonics and Sonys that have good wifi experience, but again you'll not have a connection to the internet for live dropbox/twitter/email uploads (they'll be done offline, minus twitter, which is online only)

johannTBox

Postby johannTBox » Sat Dec 09, 2017 4:28 pm

Hey Tim,

Thank you for your reply. Now that we are getting the correct camera we have to move to the printer. What’s your suggestion? I don’t really like the set up with this extra WiFi module for the dnp... can you recommend another brand?

Thank you!

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Sat Dec 09, 2017 6:02 pm

At the moment i still recommend DNP exclusively, but, any printing system that can be printed to via Airprint will work. You can also print via FTP which eliminates Blueprint as an option - but if you went canon, you dont need blueprint.

johannTBox

Postby johannTBox » Thu Jan 04, 2018 6:06 pm

Hey Tim,

we now are equipped with the 750D a Dnp 620 and the grand iPad pro 12.9. We are exited to go our final steps.

Still some questions/thoughts:
1. We really like your App and would love to go for it. But unfortunately we feel like some major points are missing.
Our customers really need the direct facebook or more important Instagram function. As well as:
2. Customizable Wallpaper/Screensaver (A picture that is shown when box is unused or for the start of an event)
3. Gif's
4. Arkit functionalities like the Instagram filter that fits a dog into your face (I know that is a hard one but would be great thing / seen on Fotozap booth dont like the app just the function)
5. Overlays that overlap the collage (Example: Appstore: FotoZap Booth / The 4. picture of the screenshots)

Just interested:
7. Would it be possible to let every iphone event user see every picture that was taken, not just the ones they themselves started?

Thats it for now.

We thank you for the time you take for the not yet customers and are looking forward to using your app on many events.

Best regards

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Thu Jan 04, 2018 7:43 pm

Hey there,
Gifs, facebook, and overlays are all planned. Stay tuned.
Instagram functionality was removed from wifibooth when facebook forced us to - they made it impossible for apps like wifibooth to integrate instagram. Feel free to petition facebook to change, but....

Re iphone remote seeing all photos: yes this is planned but it will take a while.

johannTBox

Postby johannTBox » Fri Jan 05, 2018 1:23 pm

Hey Tim,

Thank you for the quick response! Can you give us a hint about the release of the next Version with the Features you mentioned?

Thank you

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Fri Jan 05, 2018 1:45 pm

I can tell you the next release has animated GIFs in it, as well as some other features, and i'm working on it as hard as I can.

johannTBox

Postby johannTBox » Sat Jan 06, 2018 8:44 am

Hey Tim,

Sorry I meant a rough timeline.

Thank you!

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Sat Jan 06, 2018 12:26 pm

Hoping to have a beta out next week, if you want to join then PM me your email address

johannTBox

Postby johannTBox » Sun Jan 07, 2018 12:08 pm

Hey Tim,

We would love to test it and maybe give some advice with the german ;)

XXX

One thing we are really eager to use is a branded startscreen. So when not in use it shows a logo of the company for example. What do you think about that feature?

Thank you
Last edited by johannTBox on Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:45 pm

Hi JohannTBox,
OK, the 4.1.0 beta just came out today, i've added you to it. You need to install apple testflight on your ipad (and iphone too, to try it there too), and use the email invitation you got.
Branded startscreen is on the list, not done yet...

Gerriemc

Postby Gerriemc » Fri Apr 13, 2018 5:35 pm

Hi, Complete novice here,
Is the Nikon D3400 supported at all with this app? Would it work with an EyeFi card?
I really want to make a photo booth for my wedding but its in a matter of weeks and unfortunately i don't have the budget for a new camera at the moment.
Thanks
Gerrie

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Fri Apr 13, 2018 5:52 pm

At the moment this camera is not officially supported yet - but the app is free to download and use (it just watermarks) so you can try and see. Eyefi is a bad experience and will be soon removed from the app

Gerriemc

Postby Gerriemc » Fri Apr 13, 2018 5:58 pm

Thanks for the swift reply, the D3400 doesn't have wifi so I think Eye fi would be the only way around it unless it can be cable connected?
Sorry if this sounds silly but like I say im a complete novice and just trying to save my self some cash by doing it myself.
Thanks again
G

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Fri Apr 13, 2018 6:16 pm

Ah right it is one of the new snapbridge cams. That isnt supported yet.
Eyefi really isnt worth it.
What about renting a canon like the 80D for the weekend?

Return to “Help: Cameras with Built-in WiFi”