HiTi P510si

Built-in WiFi only.
Geert

HiTi P510si

Postby Geert » Sat Mar 17, 2018 2:58 pm

Hallo,

i'm trying to setup a Photo Booth with wifibooth and a Fuji X-E2.

First i was trying to setup my hiti 510si printer as an AirPrint. After several days i managed to do that :)
Hooray...

Now the easy part...
try to connect my Fuji X-E2 to Photo Booth... Easy?
Wifibooth can't connect with wifi and not with eye-fi!!!
I think i tried everything...
I'm even thinking about using an other Photo Booth software or app...
unfortunately it's not easy when you use Fuji?

Help!!!

tim
Site Admin

Re: disappointed

Postby tim » Sat Mar 17, 2018 3:18 pm

There was a bug in 4.1.4 for fuji, can you please check if you have 4.1.5? Go to settings app —> wifibooth and see version at bottom
Please write a review for Wifibooth on the Apple App store! Indie developers like me really need people like you to review their apps. Instructions on how to write a review: http://goo.gl/w8NsDI.

Geert

Postby Geert » Sat Mar 17, 2018 7:28 pm

Thans you for responding.

I updated Wifibooth and installed Fujifilm DSc app. I can Remote controle from the app but i still cannot connect to wifibooth. It seems that i am doing something wrong.

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Sat Mar 17, 2018 8:11 pm

If you want to use wifibooth then the fuji / dsc app must not be running. They cannot both be active at the same time. Please kill the fuji app.
What version of iOS is on the ipad? Which ipad is it?
Please write a review for Wifibooth on the Apple App store! Indie developers like me really need people like you to review their apps. Instructions on how to write a review: http://goo.gl/w8NsDI.

Geert

Postby Geert » Sun Mar 18, 2018 4:07 am

Hallo Tim,

I am using an ipad 2 and my software version is IOS 9.3.5

Geert

Postby Geert » Sun Mar 18, 2018 4:46 am

Tim,

my camera can connect to my ipad. I can see wifi in my ipad settings. Unfortunately i can not connect to wifibooth

Grt

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Sun Mar 18, 2018 12:50 pm

I tested a Fuji X-T2 with an iPad mini with iOS 9.3.5 and it had no issues. I'll see if I can find an X-E2.

Geert

Postby Geert » Mon Mar 19, 2018 4:49 pm

Could it be that my router is the problem? I notice some problems while connecting to a Fujifilm app. I found on the Fuji website an article where they mention router problems.

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Mon Mar 19, 2018 5:34 pm

Hmm you connect the ipad/iphone directly to the camera’s wifi, right? If so then I am not sure how the router is in the picture

Geert

Postby Geert » Wed Mar 21, 2018 8:07 am

Oke,

Last question.
Can you send me a kind of step by step procedure regarding your connection
with the x-t2.

Wath i did:
First activated WiFi on Fuji. I see Fuji WiFi on iPad WiFi setting. I pad
is connected to local network. I try wifibooth and see on camera connection
That wifibooth is searching...
Do i need to connect my iPad to the Fuji WiFi? If so how can i connect to my
Wireless printer?

This is my last try. I was planning to buy the software because there are nog Puch
Fuji possibilities.

Thanks

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Wed Mar 21, 2018 9:27 am

1. start wifi on fuji
2. on fuji camera when wifi is started, press "menu/OK" button to clear out the last pairing to the camera
3. on ipad, go to settings -> wifi, connect ipad's wifi to the fuji wifi
4. on ipad, open wifibooth, goto camera dropdown, select middle option (camera with wifi)
5. watch the fuji - you should see it request pairing with wifibooth within a minute

Geert

Postby Geert » Thu Mar 22, 2018 11:45 am

Tim,

thank you fot your patience!!! It is much appreciated!!!

Finaly i succeeded to connect my fuji camera to an ipad. Not my personal ipad!!! it seems there is a problem and i don't know witch one.
Anyway...

I did connected my camera to your app using the camera wifinetwork but now i have another question. Is it still possible to connect my printer? I use a HITI printer - connected to a windows 10 laptop - using airprint app connected to an mac app for windows. Do i need to connect my pc to the same wifi (=fuji) or do i need to use an ftp server via router? Or will be my printer story the next difficult jump to make???

I promise!!! when i get everything working using your app, i buy a yearly license. Untill now i did to much effort to go for something else.

Grt Geert

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Thu Mar 22, 2018 11:48 am

Hi Geert,
It's ok - you don't have to promise to buy my app. I learn from questions & experiences like yours, what my customers are really experiencing. So you are helping me understand what life is really like! I appreciate the time you spend writing this all down.

Your Fuji camera will only allow one incoming wifi connection at a time (the iPad). So no, you cannot connect your printer or PC to the Fuji. But, I have devised a solution to this, called BluePrint. It is a free iOS app that I wrote. You put it on a second iOS device which is connected to your printer (potentially via your PC, or whatever). Please see this link: https://wifibooth.com/article/blueprint/

... update: I changed the topic of this post to better reflect what we are discussing now, hope that is alright for you

dnagai

Postby dnagai » Thu Mar 22, 2018 12:02 pm

Can I inquire how you were able to get the HiTi P510si to work as an AirPrint? That is the part I am stuck on.

THank you

Geert

Re: HiTi P510si

Postby Geert » Thu Mar 22, 2018 2:31 pm

Tim thank you for your explanation. I will try it to do that way.

@dngai

I use a laptop with windows 10 and i run airprint-installer together with Bonjour. This is a piece of free software from apple to use on windows.
Instead of airprint-installer you can also use o'print. O'print is not free (cheap) and has bit more possibilities.

I will install the test version from o'print so i can see the difference. I will keep you posted.

Geert

Return to “Help: Cameras with Built-in WiFi”