Trouble connecting Panasonic DMC-G7

Built-in WiFi only.
scooterdog

Trouble connecting Panasonic DMC-G7

Postby scooterdog » Thu May 24, 2018 10:17 pm

Hi - new user on an 9.7” iPad 2017 model, running latest iOS 11.3.3.

Per your instructions I connect via the camera to WiFi then New Connection then Remote Shooting & View, then hit DISP. Change method and select Via Network. I select destination From List and connect to the home network fine.

Camera says “If you have not launched the smartphone application please launch it”.

I start WiFi Booth,create a project and hit the camera on upper left corner, and it does not connect. It says Connect a Camera, the WiFi indicates my SSID, and the center “Camera with WiFi” selected, and next to “Connecting to the Camera” is just a spinning gear.

After a few minutes the camera will say ,Connection failed’.

Ay advice or guidance appreciated.

tim
Site Admin

Re: Trouble connecting Panasonic DMC-G7

Postby tim » Thu May 24, 2018 10:47 pm

Hmm to troublesboot it please can you try not doing the “via network” part, and connect the wifi of the ipad directly to the camera? Let’s see if that works
Please write a review for Wifibooth on the Apple App store! Indie developers like me really need people like you to review their apps. Instructions on how to write a review: http://goo.gl/w8NsDI.

scooterdog

Postby scooterdog » Fri May 25, 2018 8:18 am

Thanks for the suggestion.

Was able to connect directly, the corner says 'WiFi: * PAN' (camera name), and underneath a checkbox that says 'Camera connectred: LUMIX-GMC-G7'.

Seems to go in and out of connection - sometimes a background of the camera comes up, other times a 'OOPS / Wifi booth isn't ready to take a photo. Please try again in a moment.' message appears.

And then it comes back, the background comes up, and now it works.

Seems though still to come in and out of connection, seems to work now (just tried a third time, now it is working) - any other recommendations to get a more stable connection? I'm nervous about an event tonight... Thanks - scooterdog.

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Fri May 25, 2018 10:01 am

Hmmm. No real ideas - you can try going to settings app, wifibooth, turn on “slower camera”, kill/restart wifibooth and see if that helps...
Please write a review for Wifibooth on the Apple App store! Indie developers like me really need people like you to review their apps. Instructions on how to write a review: http://goo.gl/w8NsDI.

Return to “Help: Cameras with Built-in WiFi”