Size of pictures

Built-in WiFi only.
johannTBox

Size of pictures

Postby johannTBox » Fri May 25, 2018 6:08 am

Hey Tim,

Now that I have our event all setup I notice that the pictures that are Sent and downloaded in Dropbox are very low quality. Just about 260 KB.

That seems too small for me, right? I don’t have downscale to print size on and I tried better quality settings on the canon. But in another thread you suggested S2 to be great. What am I doing wrong?

Thank you

tim
Site Admin

Re: Size of pictures

Postby tim » Fri May 25, 2018 10:00 am

Hmmm what size are S2 images on the SD card?
What happens if you go up to a higher size on the cam?
Please write a review for Wifibooth on the Apple App store! Indie developers like me really need people like you to review their apps. Instructions on how to write a review: http://goo.gl/w8NsDI.

Emandmphotobus

Postby Emandmphotobus » Fri Jun 22, 2018 9:55 am

Hi Tim,

I think I'm running into the same problem. However, I took photo straight with the Ipad. Before, when it sent to the client, the photo size was 853x1280, yesterday was only 494 x 742. And I'm pretty sure that the setting are the same. This morning when one of my client post the photo on facebook, it looks pretty bad and blurry.

Please help!

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Fri Jun 22, 2018 10:42 am

The size of the image that gets sent depends on MANY factors.
Please describe to me exactly what you are doing.
Here is an example: from the gallery, I selected 2 photos that were originally shot with the ipad front camera, made them into a collage, opened the collage, did not zoom any of the photos in, chose the options print + email, and entered my email address.

Things to try: is the resolution of the image the same when you don't print it?
Please write a review for Wifibooth on the Apple App store! Indie developers like me really need people like you to review their apps. Instructions on how to write a review: http://goo.gl/w8NsDI.

Emandmphotobus

Postby Emandmphotobus » Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:11 am

Hi Tim,

After the clients took 3 photos with 3 secs count down, I select them into collage --> print + email. I don't zoom in or anything. I keep them original as is. Both the print and the digital version were not good. This never happened before.. I wonder if it's because we change the lighting system: before we used bright white ring light + soft yellow umbrella combination. Yesterday we got new led light came in so we using a ring light + 2 led panel light and they were all white. However, I doubt the light would effect the size of the photo. I check my setting to make sure i don't downsize the images.
I guess I will come home and try again tonight to see how it goes.

-Nina-

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:33 am

Hi Nina,
The lighting of the photo won't change the resolution.
If the resolution is poor, that could be a result of changes that were made in the latest update, 4.4.3.
To check this: please try only emailing the image from the collage screen (so, no printing). When you do that, is the resolution of the emailed file bigger, ie. what you expect? If so, that's a problem I can fix in 4.4.4!

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Sat Jun 23, 2018 4:22 pm

Hey Nina I spent more time on this today and could not reproduce the problem. If this is still happening to you please let me know (and see my question above)

johannTBox

Postby johannTBox » Tue Jul 31, 2018 3:28 pm

Hey you both,

We kinda had the same problem a week ago but we realised it was because we selected a logo with poor quality. And with that everything goes to pixel design... Maybe this helps for you too?

Cheers

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Tue Jul 31, 2018 3:31 pm

oooh - great point Johann, thanks! I had not thought of that. It is possible.

Return to “Help: Cameras with Built-in WiFi”