Canon EOS M10 does not work - just turns off

Built-in WiFi only.
Crady

Canon EOS M10 does not work - just turns off

Postby Crady » Fri Jun 01, 2018 8:44 am

Hi there,

I am not able to use my Canon EOS M10 in my DIY photobooth...

I am able to connect my M10 to my iPad either just being in the same wifi - or (for eventes) by creating a hotspot with my m10.

But when my EOS M10 is connected for some reaon all taken adjustments (f8.0, 1/160s, ISO automatic) are reset to (f.3.5, 1/25s, ISO 100).
But the main problem is that when I try to take a photo by touching my iPad the countdown starts, the M10 performes a auto-focus - but then it just turns of...

What is the problem? How can I solve this problem?

Crady

Re: Canon EOS M10 does not work - just turns off

Postby Crady » Thu Jun 07, 2018 2:31 am

Anyone?

A pitty that I paied for an app that does not work as suggested...

tim
Site Admin

Re: Canon EOS M10 does not work - just turns off

Postby tim » Thu Jun 07, 2018 9:00 am

Hi Crady
Sorry it is not working for you. Can you please make aure you have the newest version of wifibooth (settings app -> wifibooth - should see 4.4.2 or newer). Also all switches in settings app -> wifibooth should be in off position.
Also can you please check the firmware of your M10 and make sure it is the newest.
If that doesnt work:
1. Please try resetting camera to factory defaults
2. Make sure memory card is formatted and has only one or two photos (format, take a photo, connect)
3. As a last resort try turning on settings app -> wifibooth -> slower camera
Please write a review for Wifibooth on the Apple App store! Indie developers like me really need people like you to review their apps. Instructions on how to write a review: http://goo.gl/w8NsDI.

Return to “Help: Cameras with Built-in WiFi”