Help Sony alpha 6000 image size

Built-in WiFi only.
johannTBox

Help Sony alpha 6000 image size

Postby johannTBox » Thu Jun 07, 2018 8:22 am

Hey Community,

Maybe there is someone out there that has the same issues we are having and maybe even has a solution for it.

Alpha 6000 Sony:

We switched the camera from canon to sony as their live view is way better. Now we have the issue that despite setting image quality to high end, the pictures are downloaded and sent by email in a very small size. (100KB)

With Sony we have to use the remote app and I think that that’s where the problem comes from.

I set the quality settings to high in the normal mode and the special Sony remote app mode.

Somebody out there that can help me?

Thank you!

Johann

tim
Site Admin

Re: Help Sony alpha 6000 image size

Postby tim » Thu Jun 07, 2018 9:06 am

See my response in the other thread. The issue is that the a5000/a6000 do not allow apps like wifibooth access to their storage, so wifibooth can only get a shot preview (lower quality). The a6300/a6500 don’t have this issue. Note that the full resolution images are of course still on the SD card
Please write a review for Wifibooth on the Apple App store! Indie developers like me really need people like you to review their apps. Instructions on how to write a review: http://goo.gl/w8NsDI.

johannTBox

Postby johannTBox » Thu Jun 07, 2018 3:34 pm

Ok thank you. I just bought the 6300 and am trying to test it :)

I just experienced a crash. I have the 6300 connected via WiFi and was in the gallery. I then tapped take a pic (not go to camera) and the app suddenly crashed.

This is the first time I had this with this app.

But I can’t reproduce it as it now works fine...

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Thu Jun 07, 2018 4:10 pm

Interesting! Can you tell me what time and what timezone? (Try to be accurate within 10 minutes)
Please write a review for Wifibooth on the Apple App store! Indie developers like me really need people like you to review their apps. Instructions on how to write a review: http://goo.gl/w8NsDI.

johannTBox

Postby johannTBox » Fri Jun 08, 2018 2:02 pm

Hey, sorry but I really don’t know that anymore. But it shouldn’t have been longer than 30 min before I posted it. Central European timeline.

Another weird thing about the 6300 is that I can’t set it to Manual as the display and liveview turns black after it. Right before it takes a shot it shows the real live view (bright) for 1-2 seconds.

Currently I use the „P“ mode and that works fine but I wonder if M would still be better as everyone always say PhotoBooth camera set to Manual.

johannTBox

Postby johannTBox » Sat Jun 09, 2018 4:36 pm

Hey Tim,

we are testing the app right now for our event tomorrow and we see big differences from mode P to M as the last one performs way better concerning look and feel of the pictures.

But still we only see the black live view :( ist it possible that the 6300 can’t provide that? The canon 80D was able to show bright-ish live view in Manual while it was dark-ish in the room

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Sat Jun 09, 2018 5:58 pm

Hmm sounds like the issue is that the live view exposure cannot be different than the photo exposure. Im not a sony expert, you should find a sony forum for that cam and ask there

johannTBox

Postby johannTBox » Mon Jun 11, 2018 9:10 am

Hey Tim,

The solution is easy (now):

On the Sony Alphas the display is WYSIWYG and so the screen shows what you get without the external flash (a black pic) as it probably can’t read that it is attached.

We just had to set the cam to Liveview->all settings off.

Hope this helps

Best

Johann

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Mon Jun 11, 2018 9:11 am

Oh awesome! Great that you found a solution and thanks for posting it here for others!

Return to “Help: Cameras with Built-in WiFi”