Canon Selphy CP1300 lost connection

tim
Site Admin

Re: Canon Selphy CP1300 lost connection

Postby tim » Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:30 pm

Hey BBM, wow, that is very frustrating. You are right: Wifibooth currently requires iOS 12.
But thanks a lot for posting this here, that's very helpful.
When you were testing it in the shop (cool -- which shop?), were you using just the Photos app to test it?
Please write a review for Wifibooth on the Apple App store! Indie developers like me really need people like you to review their apps. Instructions on how to write a review: http://goo.gl/w8NsDI.

BBM

Postby BBM » Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:58 pm

Nope, we tested it with multiple apps (apple photos and 2 photo booth apps), and the crashing occurred with all 3. This is how we knew it's not an app issue, it's an issue with Selphy hardware and iOS 12.

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:01 pm

Cool thanks for letting me know.
What are your fave photobooth apps? Other than wifibooth obviously :)
Please write a review for Wifibooth on the Apple App store! Indie developers like me really need people like you to review their apps. Instructions on how to write a review: http://goo.gl/w8NsDI.

felix11k

Postby felix11k » Mon Jun 10, 2019 4:49 pm

We have discovered a consistent problem with the Selphy 1300 and ios12 operating system.

As soon as we upgraded our iPads to iOS 12 we began to have a flood of customers complaining that the printer would freeze/stop working during events. With extensive testing in the shop, we could see that after 8-10 photos (not 8-10 sitting in queue -- 8-10 total sent to the printer even if spaced out over time), the printer would show as "busy" and need to be re-started. This is terribly frustrating for customers trying to have a good time at weddings or parties.

My guess is that those of you who are experiencing these connection issues are on iOS 12. (The same testing showed that the freezing issue does not occur with iOS 10 or iOS 11.)

Unfortunately, Canon has not been helpful. They seem to be unaware of the issue, and efforts to bring it to their attention were met with "it's Apple's fault". That may be true (that Apple's programming changes created the problem), but as of now our view is that the Selphy printer is useless for anything other than one-off home printing.
Hi, do you have any solution for this. My printer also stopped working but this happened after 1 hour and 30 minutes. IOS 12.3.1 and newest version of wifibooth.

BBM

Postby BBM » Wed Jul 31, 2019 11:44 am

Unfortunately there isn't a publicly available solution that I'm aware of. If enough people would complain to Canon, perhaps we could get them to update the firmware.

felix11k

Postby felix11k » Thu Aug 01, 2019 5:44 pm

Unfortunately there isn't a publicly available solution that I'm aware of. If enough people would complain to Canon, perhaps we could get them to update the firmware.
So bad.
I havent checked it for IOS 12.4 but if its still not working, i will sell my selphys.
Already switched to surface with dnp printer. This is working great, but also want to use my old booth with the selphy.

adirpm

Postby adirpm » Sun Aug 04, 2019 11:54 am

Hey,

When are you expecting the problem - like what is your set up?
Because my PhotoBooth is rented the next couple weeks and im also using the cp1300..

My PhotoBooth has its own router, printer and camera are connected to it.

BBM

Postby BBM » Sun Aug 04, 2019 1:06 pm

Hey,

When are you expecting the problem - like what is your set up?
Because my PhotoBooth is rented the next couple weeks and im also using the cp1300..

My PhotoBooth has its own router, printer and camera are connected to it.
If you are using ios12, expect your Selphy to freeze up and show "busy" after every 12-14 prints, and need to be re-started. It doesn't matter whether those prints take place over 15 minutes or 2 hours.

The "good" news is the restart doesn't take long, so if you are manning the booth you can restart the printer periodically.

FEEvents

Postby FEEvents » Mon Aug 26, 2019 3:19 pm

Hello,

was a solution found?

I'm desperate. The printer crashes regularly.

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Mon Aug 26, 2019 4:07 pm

So far there's no known solution: unfortunately to my knowledge Canon has not even acknowledged their bug...

FEEvents

Postby FEEvents » Mon Sep 02, 2019 3:11 am

hello, Canon Germany has given me some more tips.

„Bitte Löschen Sie die Netzwerkeinstellungen am Drucker und am Smarthone und verbinden Sie sich erneut. Desweiterem empfehlen wir Ihnen eine feste IP-Adresse zu verwenden. Hier empfehlen wir Ihnen eine freie IP-Adresse zu nehmen. Sollten Sie eine Fritzbox (AVM) als Router verwenden, so prüfen Sie bitte die Einstellungen um Router (Kommunikation zwischen WLAN-Geräten zulassen - "Die unten angezeigten aktiven WLAN-Geräte dürfen untereinander kommunizieren".). Wir wissen, dass dies oft zu Problemen führen kann.

Wir hoffen, Ihnen bezüglich Ihrer Anfrage weiter geholfen zu haben.“

BBM

Postby BBM » Mon Sep 02, 2019 7:22 am

hello, Canon Germany has given me some more tips.

„Bitte Löschen Sie die Netzwerkeinstellungen am Drucker und am Smarthone und verbinden Sie sich erneut. Desweiterem empfehlen wir Ihnen eine feste IP-Adresse zu verwenden. Hier empfehlen wir Ihnen eine freie IP-Adresse zu nehmen. Sollten Sie eine Fritzbox (AVM) als Router verwenden, so prüfen Sie bitte die Einstellungen um Router (Kommunikation zwischen WLAN-Geräten zulassen - "Die unten angezeigten aktiven WLAN-Geräte dürfen untereinander kommunizieren".). Wir wissen, dass dies oft zu Problemen führen kann.

Wir hoffen, Ihnen bezüglich Ihrer Anfrage weiter geholfen zu haben.“
Interesting. English translation:
"Please delete the network settings on the printer and on the smartphone and reconnect. Furthermore, we recommend that you use a fixed IP address. Here we recommend you to take a free IP address. If you use a Fritzbox (AVM) as a router, then please check the settings to router (Allow communication between wireless devices - "The below-mentioned active wireless devices may communicate with each other."). We know that this can often lead to problems.

We hope we have continued to help you with your inquiry. "

However, I'm skeptical that this addresses the issue. We've observed the issue consistently as a function of the number of prints (12-14), which makes it seem more like a memory issue with the printer (though there's obviously something about iOS12 vs. iOS11 that brings out the issue in iOS12....

Please report back on whether their guidance helps resolve the issue!

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Fri Oct 11, 2019 3:22 pm

Hi, if anyone has iOS 13 and a Canon CP1300, i'm curious how it is working for you.
I found a nasty bug in iOS 13: it will only print ONCE to a printer that has symbol in its name, like a quotation mark or apostrophe.
If you rename the printer to something like "Canonselphy" with no quotation marks or symbols, does it work better?

dinamey

Postby dinamey » Fri Oct 18, 2019 3:06 am

We have discovered a consistent problem with the Selphy 1300 and ios12 operating system.

As soon as we upgraded our iPads to iOS 12 we began to have a flood of customers complaining that the printer would freeze/stop working during events. With extensive testing in the shop, we could see that after 8-10 photos (not 8-10 sitting in queue -- 8-10 total sent to the printer even if spaced out over time), the printer would show as "busy" and need to be re-started. This is terribly frustrating for customers trying to have a good time at weddings or parties.

My guess is that those of you who are experiencing these connection issues are on iOS 12. (The same testing showed that the freezing issue does not occur with iOS 10 or iOS 11.)

Unfortunately, Canon has not been helpful. They seem to be unaware of the issue, and efforts to bring it to their attention were met with "it's Apple's fault". That may be true (that Apple's programming changes created the problem), but as of now our view is that the Selphy printer is useless for anything other than one-off home printing.
Hi, do you have any solution for this. My printer also stopped working but this happened after 1 hour and 30 minutes. IOS 12.3.1 and newest version of wifibooth.
Hi everyone! I just register the forum to confirm the crash. After we update iPads to version 12 problems began. We have to units wit IOS 10 working without problems. Before everything was correct and we have no problems. Now we have to restart the printer twice more or less during a 2 hours service. We have try everything! different wifi connections, directly to the printer... the problem is the IOS and something with the battery control that creates micro shorts in the connection. Waiting for more updates form IOS and blessing for an update from Canon. Solutions! try to downgrade the iPad
Best regards! I will be connect here!

dinamey

Postby dinamey » Fri Oct 18, 2019 3:30 am

Hi, if anyone has iOS 13 and a Canon CP1300, i'm curious how it is working for you.
I found a nasty bug in iOS 13: it will only print ONCE to a printer that has symbol in its name, like a quotation mark or apostrophe.
If you rename the printer to something like "Canonselphy" with no quotation marks or symbols, does it work better?
No, all my printers are rename without mark or apostrophe and crash anyway :oops:

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Fri Oct 18, 2019 8:40 am

Hi dinamey
An update just went live to address the problem that in iOS 13, it can only print once. Please update to wifibooth 4.10.1 and sololink also if you use it.
Does this fix your CP1300?

FEEvents

Postby FEEvents » Sat Dec 14, 2019 11:54 am

Hallo,

es sieht Zimlich gut aus.
Für unseren letzten Veranstaltungen dieses Jahr hab ich in die Fotoboxen wieder ein IPad 2 eingebaut damit hat das Drucken geklappt da diese eine ältere IOS Haben.

Vorvorgestern habe ich mir zum testen ein neues IPad gekauft (Modell 2018). Dieses habe ich auf die Aktuellste Software gebraucht. Mit diesem IPad und IOS 13 hat es bis jetzt funktioniert.

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Sat Dec 14, 2019 12:37 pm

Super! Bald (morgen/monntag) kommt ein neues version, mit etwas sehr cool für dein iPad Pro 2018...

FEEvents

Postby FEEvents » Sat Dec 14, 2019 5:59 pm

Cool da bin ich mal gespannt.

Es gibt noch drei Sachen mit denen ich mich beschäftigen muss. Vielleicht kann mir jemand Tipp geben.

- Ich benötige demnächst sowas wie eine Druckstation.
Das würde ich gerne mit einem zweiten IPad realisieren. An dem der Drucker gekoppelt ist. Die Leute machen quasi die Fotos an der Fotobox und müssen danach zur Druckstation und können da ihre Bilder bearbeiten und ausdrucken.
Ich brauche das da wir für einen Kunden eine Fotobox in einen Oldtimer VW Bus stellen werden. Die Leute aber durch den begrenzen Raum nicht an die Fotobox kommen werden.
Ist es möglich die Bilder danach an ein zweites IPad zu senden ?

-Dazu bräuchte ich auch einen Funkauslöser. Hier habe ich außer den Siri Befehl auch keine Möglichkeit?

-Des weitern würde ich zukünftig gerne auf schneller Drucker umsteigen. Gibt es hierzu einige Empfehlungen welche Drucker sich eignen?

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Sat Dec 14, 2019 6:11 pm

Kurz weil ich heute keinen guten Deutsch kann:

- 2 x ipads: wir denken sehr oft auch darüber... noch nicht möglich

- funksuslösen: jupp möglich. Wifibooth reaktiert zu „VOLUME UP“ - was alle Bluetooth funkauslöser senden. Sehr gunstig varianten sind auf amazon verfügbar.

- drucker: für profis empfehle ich DNP WPS PRO + DNP drucker wie DS40/80/usw

FEEvents

Postby FEEvents » Sat Dec 14, 2019 6:33 pm

Wow danke für die schnelle Antwort zu so später Stunde.
xD mein English ist schlecht.

Wow 😮 auf die Idee mit dem Funkauslöser muss man erst mal kommen. Daran hätte ich nie gedacht.
Vielen Dank 😊

Wäre es nicht möglich die Fotos im internen WLAN in die Fotogalerie eines zweiten IPads zu senden. Zuhause bei mir Synchronisieren diese sich auch, Da sie alle mit dem selben IPad Akkount angelegt sind. Leider verstehe ich von Software nicht sehr viel.

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Sat Dec 14, 2019 7:12 pm

Kein Problem. Das wir einander verstehen können -- genügt!

Bitte bitte. Einfach das gunstige "volume up" auslöser kaufen, und das umbauen wie du wilst...

Willst du die fotos zu deine gäste zeigen ? Weil für dieses haben wir SoloSlides gemacht. Auf ein zweite iPad kannst du SoloSlides laufen, es wird zum Wifibooth verbinden und alle Fotos zeigen (diashow). Wifibooth kann selber/allein auf ein Apple TV (Airplay Mirroring) oder ein Samsung Smart TV einen Diashow zeigen.

Ausserdem kannst du Wifibooth konfigurieren um die fotos auf ein cloud service hochzuladen (wie google fotos) ... aber ohne internet klappt das nicht.

Claw

Postby Claw » Sun Jan 26, 2020 7:09 am

Same issue here.
Using iPad pro 9.7, Sony Alpha 6000, Selphy CP1300 and iphone as sololink-server. Iphone and CP1300 connected to apple airport as router.
After several numbers of prints, selphy is stuck saying „Daten werden verarbeitet“ (processing data). After cutting power and reconnect the selphy, it goes on printing. Extremely annoying.
Another thing that made me crazy as I wanted to use the photobox on the last event is the fact, that iphone 5 with sololink and iOS10 doesn‘t seem to be supported anymore! Wifibooth tries to connect to the iphone 5‘s Sololink, but fails, because on the iphone 5 does no „Allow connection“ popup appear. Therefor I needed to switch to my iphone 8 as sololink-server, meaning I could not make any photos with it as I‘d planned.

BBM

Postby BBM » Mon Jan 27, 2020 9:07 am

Using iPad pro 9.7, Sony Alpha 6000, Selphy CP1300 and iphone as sololink-server. Iphone and CP1300 connected to apple airport as router.
After several numbers of prints, selphy is stuck saying „Daten werden verarbeitet“ (processing data). After cutting power and reconnect the selphy, it goes on printing. Extremely annoying.
This is exactly the issue we discovered about 15 months ago when ios 12 was released. Unfortunately, the issue is still there with ios13. It appears that Canon has no interest in doing a firmware update for the Selphi 1300's; we are hoping that when Canon releases the next model (1400?), they will have addressed the issue with a firmware upgrade. No timeframe has been published for a new model - just hoping.

Bilo

Postby Bilo » Mon Jan 27, 2020 6:15 pm

Hey all, I just wanted to start a small side business with renting photo booths and was amazed by wifibooth because of the personal support by Tim in this forum and also everything the app offers.
So I had my first event last weekend and experienced the issue that the Selphy just did not want to print and I had to restart it etc.
My plan was to finance more sophisticated printers etc quickly while starting with my low budget booth which costed me around 600€ and 14 hrs of work in the garage :D
Camera, iPad and printer are built-in so it’s difficult to access for restarts.
Therefore this is a big issue for me.. does anyone have an idea on how I can manage it without spending €1k for a dnp or similar?
Any work around? I.e. something with an eye-if and keeping the printer outside for manually printing the collages maybe? I have no idea..

Return to “Help: Printers”