epson wrong paper tray/cassette

christianep

epson wrong paper tray/cassette

Postby christianep » Wed Sep 12, 2018 11:19 am

Hello, I set up a unit with an ipad 2018 and a epson XP-950. (adhoc via airprint ). works fine . But I´m not able to use the right tray.
The app uses via Airprint always the first tray - and that´s the tray limited to 13*18cm. I´ve to use the A4 tray, called cassette 2.
Even if I set in the settings of the epson under "network printing" to tray 2 and in the settings of "external unit" tray 2. (Or to the setting "change from 1 to 2") the app uses the first tray for the print.
Is there any way to fix this behaviour)
Regards Christian

tim
Site Admin

Re: epson wrong paper tray/cassette

Postby tim » Wed Sep 12, 2018 12:41 pm

Hi Christian wow this is a new one for me :)
Please can you try printing with the normal Apple Photos app: are you able to print to the correct tray with it?
Please write a review for Wifibooth on the Apple App store! Indie developers like me really need people like you to review their apps. Instructions on how to write a review: http://goo.gl/w8NsDI.

christianep

Postby christianep » Thu Sep 13, 2018 11:12 am

Hey Tim,
thanks for the quick response. Unfortunately it doesn't even work with the Apple Photos App.

Thank you for your help

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Thu Sep 13, 2018 12:04 pm

Hmm that sounds like it's an Epson issue then. Perhaps you could get in touch with Epson and see if there is a firmware update they can offer for your printer to fix the problem?
Please write a review for Wifibooth on the Apple App store! Indie developers like me really need people like you to review their apps. Instructions on how to write a review: http://goo.gl/w8NsDI.

christianep

Postby christianep » Thu Sep 13, 2018 4:45 pm

Hi Tim, thanks for your Support, yes it seems to be an epson issue. Even with the newest Firmware And the epson iprint app he is Not selecting the 2. tray. Regards Chris

christianep

Postby christianep » Mon Sep 17, 2018 3:26 pm

got the solution, it's really simple - the layout size in the app was set to 10x15, in this case the epson uses the first tray - that' s a little bit silly- cause this tray can only carry some sheets of paper and is not easy to refill. Well we know use 13x18 paper and the problem is fixed.

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Mon Sep 17, 2018 4:28 pm

Great glad you found out how to fix it!

Annaxxnn

Postby Annaxxnn » Thu Apr 02, 2020 1:34 pm

Hey! I am experiencing the same problem right now. Where can I change it in the App? And which App exactly?
Thanks a lot !!!!

Return to “Help: Printers”