Long time for prints

johannTBox

Long time for prints

Postby johannTBox » Sun Sep 30, 2018 9:15 am

Hey Tim,

The Sony alpha works faster now and it doesn’t take the long long time it did before but it still takes much time until the picture is printed.

Equipment:
Sony Alpha 6300
Dnp DS620

I tried with downsizing to printer quality and low quality layouts.

What settings can I check as well?

The stats say that the printer is able to print in 9 second. But from touching do it and the first print it takes at least 1,5 - 2 minutes. And also when saying multiple prints it still takes a long time between the prints.

Am I doing something wrong here? :)

Thank you for your help!

Johann

tim
Site Admin

Re: Long time for prints

Postby tim » Sun Sep 30, 2018 9:23 am

Are you downsizing the photos to print resolution? That's in event settings -> taking photos -> downsize to print resolution. Try turning that on.

How are the photos getting to the WPS unit --> blueprint? direct from wifibooth? how's your wifi setup then?
Please write a review for Wifibooth on the Apple App store! Indie developers like me really need people like you to review their apps. Instructions on how to write a review: http://goo.gl/w8NsDI.

johannTBox

Postby johannTBox » Sun Sep 30, 2018 4:43 pm

Setup:

Dnp 620
Wps-1 Server
iPhone 6s Sith blueprint
iPad Pro 12,9
Sony alpha 6300

We have the downsizing option active.

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Sun Sep 30, 2018 6:57 pm

On blueprint try turning off sharing internet.
Also move blueprint phone closer to ipad if possible
Please write a review for Wifibooth on the Apple App store! Indie developers like me really need people like you to review their apps. Instructions on how to write a review: http://goo.gl/w8NsDI.

johannTBox

Postby johannTBox » Tue Oct 02, 2018 12:44 pm

Hey Tim,

Turned that off already. And iPhone is Right next to the iPad approximately 3cm.

We will test all settings again tomorrow as we are really not satisfied with the amount of time it takes for the pictures to get printed.

Currently this is the only issue we have and we get amazing feedback from customers especially for the app!

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Tue Oct 02, 2018 12:49 pm

Hi Johann,
Thanks, nice to hear the good feedback :D

Are you using constant-lighting or strobe-lighting?
If you are using constant lighting, you might try out a new feature (currently available in beta for BluePrint and Wifibooth): using the iPhone as a remote camera. It will mean you don't have to use bluetooth for printing, as everything can be connected to the same wifi. The quality of modern iPhone's rear cameras is very good when you have good lighting.

johannTBox

Postby johannTBox » Tue Oct 02, 2018 12:56 pm

Thanks for the update,

But we use strobe lightning and are currently only talking about the next box with constant lightning and iPhone camera as I already read that in another post of yours

Return to “Help: Printers”