Wifibooth "Server"?

calzone

Wifibooth "Server"?

Postby calzone » Sat Jan 26, 2019 1:20 pm

I've recently been contemplating how nice it would be to have a web portal where I can create and manage all my Wifibooth projects including being able to remotely access copies of all the photos for an event in progress. Changes made on the portal would sync to the iPad in about real-time.

This would enable me to easily change aspects of a job without having to be physically in front of the Photo Booth, and could even allow me to cut off a. photo booth session if necessary (or start it up). I think it could also make it easier to do stuff like create project templates. (It could ultimately even offer a customer-facing showcase site where highlights from previous events are displayed).

Today, I came up with another reason why I would enjoy such a service: the ability to perform additional custom processing on any photos being taken at an event while at the event. This could include making reprints, or large format prints on a different printer, etc.

Have you considered such a concept? And, if not, is there any other way to at least achieve the ability to re-print some stuff at an event on a different printer?

tim
Site Admin

Re: Wifibooth "Server"?

Postby tim » Sat Jan 26, 2019 2:30 pm

Yes! I have not only considered it, i’ve started hiring for it :)
We have a zillion ideas and im excited to build as many of them as possible.

The “templates” part of your idea is the one I want to build first...
Please write a review for Wifibooth on the Apple App store! Indie developers like me really need people like you to review their apps. Instructions on how to write a review: http://goo.gl/w8NsDI.

calzone

Re: Wifibooth "Server"?

Postby calzone » Sat Jan 26, 2019 2:59 pm

Nice. Looking forward to it!

If you want any beta feedback at any point, I'd be happy to help.

Return to “Help: Printers”