Wi-Fi AirPrint Canon cp1200

Fotodesign

Wi-Fi AirPrint Canon cp1200

Postby Fotodesign » Sat May 25, 2019 6:21 am

Collego direttamente il mio iPad tramite Wi-Fi alla canon cp1200 tramite AirPrint quando Invio più file in stampa in coda dopo un po’ la stampante non stampa più e i file rimangono per un bel po’ in fase di coda. Per risolvere il tutto devo eliminare i file in coda e ravviare la stampante.

tim
Site Admin

Re: Wi-Fi AirPrint Canon cp1200

Postby tim » Sat May 25, 2019 11:34 am

Hi there,
(Sorry that I cannot speak Italian)
This was a bug that was fixed in the latest update, 4.9.2, that just went live a few days ago.
Can you please update to 4.9.2 and try it again?
Please write a review for Wifibooth on the Apple App store! Indie developers like me really need people like you to review their apps. Instructions on how to write a review: http://goo.gl/w8NsDI.

Fotodesign

Postby Fotodesign » Sat May 25, 2019 9:57 pm

Ok proverò e vi aggiorno

felix11k

Postby felix11k » Mon Jun 03, 2019 5:59 pm

I think i had the same problem also with the new version and cp1300.
there were like 6 or 7 jobs in the printing queue. It stopped printing and at the first printing job there was this litte spinner spinning. te printer was showing something like processing data. it never printed. i had to eject the cable of the printer an delete the actual print job in the queue. After i started the printer again it started printing. this happened two times at the event this saturday.

Do you have any solution tim?

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Mon Jun 03, 2019 6:37 pm

Nothing comes to mind.
Does this happen right when the printer runs out of paper or ink? If not then when exactly does it happen?
Please write a review for Wifibooth on the Apple App store! Indie developers like me really need people like you to review their apps. Instructions on how to write a review: http://goo.gl/w8NsDI.

felix11k

Postby felix11k » Tue Jun 04, 2019 4:12 am

Nothing comes to mind.
Does this happen right when the printer runs out of paper or ink? If not then when exactly does it happen?
Hi Tim.
it happened after like 16 or 17 prints.
I had a popup saying that the printer is not longer available. i try to recreate the error and record it.
There was still paper and inc inside the printer, cause i just had to restart the printer and cancel one job. Then it started to print all the other 5 photos left in the queue.

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Tue Jun 04, 2019 8:32 am

That popup is from iOS not wifibooth, which means the ipad probably lost network connection to the printer.

Fotodesign

Postby Fotodesign » Mon Jul 01, 2019 4:25 am

Ho fatto L aggiornamento ed ho provato su due eventi prima di commentare, rimane il fatto che L iPad perde la connessione con la stampante Canon o rimangono in cosa i file da stampare e devo riavviare la stampante ed eliminare tutto i file di coda. Chiedo urgentemente di sistemare questo problema che ho altri eventi in programma, Visto che ho acquistato questa app non per giocarci.

Fotodesign

Postby Fotodesign » Mon Jul 01, 2019 4:50 am

Tim , ho provato anche con altre app a stampare e L iPad non perde la connessione con Wi-Fi booht va in crasch

felix11k

Postby felix11k » Fri Jul 05, 2019 7:37 pm

Ho fatto L aggiornamento ed ho provato su due eventi prima di commentare, rimane il fatto che L iPad perde la connessione con la stampante Canon o rimangono in cosa i file da stampare e devo riavviare la stampante ed eliminare tutto i file di coda. Chiedo urgentemente di sistemare questo problema che ho altri eventi in programma, Visto che ho acquistato questa app non per giocarci.
its not directly the app.
It seems like ios is having a big issue with the app and with the printer. Old IOS works better but also there are other problems.
After a few prints the printer says something like
precessing data and its not printing anymore.
you need to restart the printer but i found out that you dont have to delete the printing jobs.

I can say for sure that wifibooth and canon printers are not longer compatible with the IOS 12.
I checked it with an windows tablet and other software.
There is no Problem.

Lets hope that ios 13 will fix it.

I have installed a extra switch so that i just can turn off the printer if its not working. For me its ok but for customers its a pain in the ass.

Chris

Postby Chris » Sun Oct 11, 2020 2:03 pm

Hey Tim, I had the same issue there on an event yesterday. It looks like after a couple of prints that the iOS device (which is hosting Sololink) is queing all the prints, but nothing happens at the end of the CP1200. It won't send the command to the printer. So it stacks up all the print jobs. Only when I delete all the queued prints and after a restart of all 3 devices (wifibooth, sololink and printer) it seems to work.

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Sun Oct 11, 2020 3:04 pm

Hi Chris
I really wish there was something we could do. The problem is between iOS and the printer, not between the app and iOS. It has plagued users since iOS13 was launched over a year ago, and to my knowledge neither Apple nor Canon have even acknowledged the problem. Frustrating.

Return to “Help: Printers”