How to find IP Address of WPS Pro

RGINDWANI

How to find IP Address of WPS Pro

Postby RGINDWANI » Wed Aug 07, 2019 1:52 pm

Hi,

I want to connect my DNP RX1 to wifibooth through blueprint but am unable to do so because it is asking for an IP address for my WPS Pro. How do I find this, when I look on the WPS PRO it says that the IP address is unavailable.

Any help would be great!

Thanks!

tim
Site Admin

Re: How to find IP Address of WPS Pro

Postby tim » Wed Aug 07, 2019 2:32 pm

Hi there,
If you didn't change it, the default should be 192.168.43.1.

However, Wifibooth will try that IP automatically first, so if it is asking you, then I'm guessing your WPS Pro either doesn't have that IP address, or, it is not connected correctly.

It sounds like you have this configuration, is this correct?
1) iPad is connected to a camera's wifi directly (like a Sony or Nikon camera)
2) You have a second iOS device, perhaps your iPhone, running BluePrint (app is now called SoloLink by the way)
3) You have a DNP RX1 and WPS Pro

Question: how are (2) and (3) connected together? Is your WPS Pro providing wifi that your iPhone connects to, or, is your iPhone making a personal hotspot that you configured your WPS Pro to connect to?
Please write a review for Wifibooth on the Apple App store! Indie developers like me really need people like you to review their apps. Instructions on how to write a review: http://goo.gl/w8NsDI.

RGINDWANI

Postby RGINDWANI » Wed Aug 07, 2019 2:47 pm

Right now my WPS pro is connected to my ios device through wifi provided by the WPS. I was hoping that I can connect to the WPS using an ip address so that I can connect the same IOS device to an available wifi that will then be connected to my ipad. Will this method work?

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Wed Aug 07, 2019 2:57 pm

I want to help you but I don't understand your setup.
Please take a look at the configuration I mentioned in my last message. Is that your configuration? If not, please correct it
Please write a review for Wifibooth on the Apple App store! Indie developers like me really need people like you to review their apps. Instructions on how to write a review: http://goo.gl/w8NsDI.

RGINDWANI

Postby RGINDWANI » Wed Aug 07, 2019 3:01 pm

iPhone is providing wifi that my WPS Pro is connected to.

I have the system set up exactly as you described.

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Wed Aug 07, 2019 3:35 pm

OK!
In that case, I'm assuming you used the WPS Pro's console to connect its wifi to the iPhone's hotspot (because by default it just generates its own wifi hotspot), and that you can see on the iPhone that the WPS Pro did successfully connect to it.
When the WPS Pro connects to your iPhone, the WPS Pro gets assigned an IP address by the iPhone.
To discover this IP address, then you need to use the WPS Pro's console -- hopefully the same place you connected its wifi to the iPhone will also show the IP address.

Return to “Help: Printers”