Doesn’t airprint

Patrickcaffe

Doesn’t airprint

Postby Patrickcaffe » Thu Feb 20, 2020 12:39 pm

Eversince I updated my ipad to ios12 and iphone to ios13 the app doesn’t print anymore. If i print through another app from the ipad everything works. Only not through wifibooth.

On an ipad with ios11 everything still works. Is there anything I can do to use the app again?

tim
Site Admin

Re: Doesn’t airprint

Postby tim » Thu Feb 20, 2020 12:55 pm

Hi PatrickCaffe,
Can you please make sure you have updated Wifibooth and SoloLink to the newest versions - Wifibooth is 4.11.5. You can find the version in Settings App -> Wifibooth.
Are you using SoloLink to print?
Please write a review for Wifibooth on the Apple App store! Indie developers like me really need people like you to review their apps. Instructions on how to write a review: http://goo.gl/w8NsDI.

Patrickwilliam

Postby Patrickwilliam » Thu Feb 20, 2020 2:06 pm

He Tim, i have checked and everything is up to date. I have never printed to Sololink but directly.

Hi PatrickCaffe,
Can you please make sure you have updated Wifibooth and SoloLink to the newest versions - Wifibooth is 4.11.5. You can find the version in Settings App -> Wifibooth.
Are you using SoloLink to print?

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Thu Feb 20, 2020 2:33 pm

OK. I don't have other reports of airprint not working, and this feature is used all the time by many users.
Can you please tell me exactly which version of iOS 13 is on the iPad, and, which printer you are using?
Also please tell me about your wifi setup.
Please write a review for Wifibooth on the Apple App store! Indie developers like me really need people like you to review their apps. Instructions on how to write a review: http://goo.gl/w8NsDI.

Patrickwilliam

Postby Patrickwilliam » Thu Feb 20, 2020 3:05 pm

Ipad ios 12.4.5 not working after update. Other apps still printing.
Iphone 13.3.1 same

Ipad ios 9.3.5 old version wifi booth is still working.

I am using a Mitsubishi cp d90 that is connected to a computer. On the computer i am using O’print to make it an airprinter.

OK. I don't have other reports of airprint not working, and this feature is used all the time by many users.
Can you please tell me exactly which version of iOS 13 is on the iPad, and, which printer you are using?
Also please tell me about your wifi setup.

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Thu Feb 20, 2020 3:10 pm

That's a problem with OPrint, it does not properly work with iOS 13. Please try other software, there are alternatives to OPrint.
You can also try the option in Wifibooth called print server / manual when you connect the printer: to try this, in Wifibooth disconnect the printer and add it again

Patrickwilliam

Postby Patrickwilliam » Thu Feb 20, 2020 3:49 pm

Tried another app.

Same problem. Everything else is working.

Will look for a 3th app

That's a problem with OPrint, it does not properly work with iOS 13. Please try other software, there are alternatives to OPrint.
You can also try the option in Wifibooth called print server / manual when you connect the printer: to try this, in Wifibooth disconnect the printer and add it again

Patrickwilliam

Postby Patrickwilliam » Thu Feb 20, 2020 3:54 pm

Worked after re-installing ios on the ipad (back to basic).

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Thu Feb 20, 2020 4:26 pm

Oh, strange - never heard that reinstalling iOS fixes printing! Glad you got it working... well done!

Return to “Help: Printers”