Printer prints unsymmetrical boarders

paedii450

Printer prints unsymmetrical boarders

Postby paedii450 » Wed Jun 10, 2020 4:59 pm

When I print through wifibooth (with ipad camera or Panasonic Camera), put the boarders to 2%, theres a boarder on the right edge, no boarder on the left and on the bottom, and a really tiny boarder on top. So it's not printing the photo in the middle of the paper, I tried different settings and also changed paper size in the app. I use 10x15cm paper. So it's not exactly the 4x6" that I cane set up in the app. Is that causing the problem? If I print images from other apps it all is perfect so I figured it's not the printer?

tim
Site Admin

Re: Printer prints unsymmetrical boarders

Postby tim » Wed Jun 10, 2020 6:42 pm

Hi there,
Please take a look at your print insets in the printer popover. Are they all set to 0? Perhaps you had it configured for another printer?
Otherwise, please let me know which printer you have.
Please write a review for Wifibooth on the Apple App store! Indie developers like me really need people like you to review their apps. Instructions on how to write a review: http://goo.gl/w8NsDI.

paedii450

Postby paedii450 » Wed Jun 10, 2020 11:49 pm

Thanks for your fast response. I have all boarders set to 2% and I use the HP envy photo 6230
If I set all boarders to 0 and dont print collage, it prints boarderless and looks good. But not like on the preview, it's a slight crop. Even if I set my camera to the same aspect ratio as the paper or set wifibooth to "crop to paper size"

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Thu Jun 11, 2020 9:01 am

Yes, that's correct: all printers crop to make prints borderless because they aren't 100% calibrated in the factory.
You can adjust the insets to achieve what you want, but, as you've noticed the printer's "crop" isn't centered. (If it was it wouldn't need to crop!)
So you'll have to play with the individual insets (left, right, top, bottom) to get what you want.
Please note insets are NOT the same as borders. The insets are located in the printer popover, top-left of screen.
Please write a review for Wifibooth on the Apple App store! Indie developers like me really need people like you to review their apps. Instructions on how to write a review: http://goo.gl/w8NsDI.

paedii450

Postby paedii450 » Fri Jun 12, 2020 1:04 am

Oh I see, i thought something was wrong. I changed those insets and it works!! Thank you so much. You're awesome!

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Fri Jun 12, 2020 9:13 am

You're welcome. Thanks for the kind words I appreciate it :)

Return to “Help: Printers”