Help printer - new photobooth setup

Davidabreu

Help printer - new photobooth setup

Postby Davidabreu » Mon Jul 20, 2020 10:27 am

Hi everyone

First and foremost congrats for the community. I’m glad I found this forum as it is helping building my new photobooth.

Our setup is as follows:
Canon eos 750d
6th gen ipad- iOS 13.5.1
Wifibooth pro

Next step is to buy a printer but we are not sure which one to choose. We are leaned towards canon selphy cp1300 but as far as we can see in other topics there are some connection issues that we are concerned about. As some of those issues are from 2019, are they already solved ?

Are there some better alternative you can recommend ? We would like to spend 200€ maximum.

Thanks a lot!

tim
Site Admin

Re: Help printer - new photobooth setup

Postby tim » Mon Jul 20, 2020 10:56 am

Thanks, glad you found us!
Printers are a hot topic: there are very few affordable printers these days. You are right to steer clear of the Selphy CP1300, they have issues on iOS 13. I do not have one to test with iOS 14 betas, but iOS 14 release isn't until Octoberish anyways.

If you can up your budget, the most affordable pro option would be the DNP QW410, plus wireless dongle (so that it supports printing wirelessly). This gets you a proper dye-sublimation printer with strip/cutting options, speed, and it is extremely small & lightweight compared to the alternatives (in dye-sub land) -- this is a brand new printer.

If there's no way you can stretch to that, I'd suggest searching for a Selphy CP910. These are older, you're likely going to have to buy one used, but they work well: we have an old one kicking around, on its 5th or 6th year, never has any issues. It's very very slow (like all the Selphys) so I would not recommend it for pro events (ie. where you are being paid), but everyone has their own threshold for speed...
Please write a review for Wifibooth on the Apple App store! Indie developers like me really need people like you to review their apps. Instructions on how to write a review: http://goo.gl/w8NsDI.

Davidabreu

Postby Davidabreu » Tue Jul 21, 2020 5:36 am

Thanks, glad you found us!
Printers are a hot topic: there are very few affordable printers these days. You are right to steer clear of the Selphy CP1300, they have issues on iOS 13. I do not have one to test with iOS 14 betas, but iOS 14 release isn't until Octoberish anyways.

If you can up your budget, the most affordable pro option would be the DNP QW410, plus wireless dongle (so that it supports printing wirelessly). This gets you a proper dye-sublimation printer with strip/cutting options, speed, and it is extremely small & lightweight compared to the alternatives (in dye-sub land) -- this is a brand new printer.

If there's no way you can stretch to that, I'd suggest searching for a Selphy CP910. These are older, you're likely going to have to buy one used, but they work well: we have an old one kicking around, on its 5th or 6th year, never has any issues. It's very very slow (like all the Selphys) so I would not recommend it for pro events (ie. where you are being paid), but everyone has their own threshold for speed...
Thanks a lot for your answer!

What are the issues that CP1300 has with iOS 13?

How long does it takes from taking a photo and have it printed with a selphy, lets say the cp910 or the cp1300?

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Tue Jul 21, 2020 8:51 am

Please search these forums for cp1300.
Selphy prints are about a minute per print or longer
Please write a review for Wifibooth on the Apple App store! Indie developers like me really need people like you to review their apps. Instructions on how to write a review: http://goo.gl/w8NsDI.

Return to “Help: Printers”