DNP Printer WCM Connected But NOT Printing

sustainednote

DNP Printer WCM Connected But NOT Printing

Postby sustainednote » Sun Apr 10, 2022 7:17 pm

Everything worked flawlessly last night, but at my 2nd event of the weekend today, Wifibooth is not printing to my DNP RX-1 HS.

1) Wifibooth is connecting just fine to the WCM through iPad (fully updated) Airprint. I have the DNP Wireless Module selected as the Wifi connection in Apple Settings. I've tried disconnecting this network and reconnecting, putting the password in again as well. No change.

2) Everything looks to be working fine with Wifibooth. I've tried closing the app and restarting it. It's connected to my Canon camera just fine and taking photos. They send just fine to my email as well. They're just not spitting out of the printer like usual.

3) There is no error produced on the DNP printer. It was flashing "ribbon" for a few minutes once, but that stopped when I took the ribbon out and tried again. The printer doesn't have a clear queue for me to clear. Thus, I have no idea what to do. The wedding is happening and I'm stuck. Please help!

Feel free to text me if you have any ideas!

Brandon

tim
Site Admin

Re: DNP Printer WCM Connected But NOT Printing

Postby tim » Sun Apr 10, 2022 7:30 pm

Hi Brandon hmm - with wifibooth open on the ipad, go to app-switcher (double-tap the home button or swipe up a little bit from bottom depending on how new your ipad is), and go one app to the right from Wifibooth -- that'll be the printer queue from iOS. Does it show any errors?

Can you print from Apple Photos app? Perhaps that'll give you an error you can learn from?
Please write a review for Wifibooth on the Apple App store! Indie developers like me really need people like you to review their apps. Instructions on how to write a review: http://goo.gl/w8NsDI.

sustainednote

Postby sustainednote » Sun Apr 10, 2022 9:21 pm

Hi Brandon hmm - with wifibooth open on the ipad, go to app-switcher (double-tap the home button or swipe up a little bit from bottom depending on how new your ipad is), and go one app to the right from Wifibooth -- that'll be the printer queue from iOS. Does it show any errors?

Can you print from Apple Photos app? Perhaps that'll give you an error you can learn from?
Nothing prints when I try to print from the Apple Photos app either. And what's extra strange is that I don't have a Print Queue when I use the app switcher. There's nothing there. I don't know how to send a photo with this so i'll email it.

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Sun Apr 10, 2022 9:27 pm

OK i'm afraid if the apple photos app isn't printing either, you need to troubleshoot your printer...
If you haven't hard-restarted your ipad for a while (swipe to power off), try that first!
Please write a review for Wifibooth on the Apple App store! Indie developers like me really need people like you to review their apps. Instructions on how to write a review: http://goo.gl/w8NsDI.

sustainednote

Postby sustainednote » Mon Apr 11, 2022 5:03 pm

Turns out it was the Ribbon of the DNP Printer. It just wasn't giving any error or issue. The iOS system just was not responding and building up jobs in the print queue. It was able to be accessed by going to

192.168.4.1 in Safari (on the iPad) and from there one can access the Print Queue. This actually didn't fix anything, but once we troubleshot this, we tried printing from my Macbook pro and then it was clear there was a ribbon error. Tried a new ribbon and it worked.

thanks for your help Tim!

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Mon Apr 11, 2022 5:08 pm

You're very welcome.
Glad you got it working and thanks for posting the solution here - i'm sure someone else will hit this!

Return to “Help: Printers”