Faster printouts

TRod

Faster printouts

Postby TRod » Thu Aug 24, 2023 4:51 pm

Hi,
The transmission-time to the printer via wifi takes about 20 Seconds.
Is there a solution to get a faster printout-time? Maybe in the settings - lower the quality?

Thanks for your reply!
Thomas

tim
Site Admin

Re: Faster printouts

Postby tim » Tue Sep 05, 2023 9:50 am

Hi Thomas,
In almost all cases it's not the wifi, it's the spooling on the remote print server (ie. DNP WCM module which is notoriously slow).
The photos are already downsized to the print size - there's no more optimization you can do...
Please write a review for Wifibooth on the Apple App store! Indie developers like me really need people like you to review their apps. Instructions on how to write a review: http://goo.gl/w8NsDI.

TRod

Postby TRod » Tue Sep 05, 2023 2:47 pm

All right, thank you for your help!
Thomas

TRod

Postby TRod » Mon Oct 02, 2023 2:14 pm

Hi Thomas,
In almost all cases it's not the wifi, it's the spooling on the remote print server (ie. DNP WCM module which is notoriously slow).
The photos are already downsized to the print size - there's no more optimization you can do...
I know now: the Selphy CP1500 is the problem. When i print on another printer, the spooling is faster. Tim, did you know, if i could fastened the spooling by using a DNP WCM module insted of a direct connection to the selphy?

Thank you!
Thomas

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Mon Oct 02, 2023 6:17 pm

Sorry I don't know - it depends where the spooling takes so long.
The WCM isn't that fast. If you were going for speed you'd get the AirCast Pro but that price is overkill compared to the printer i think
Please write a review for Wifibooth on the Apple App store! Indie developers like me really need people like you to review their apps. Instructions on how to write a review: http://goo.gl/w8NsDI.

Return to “Help: Printers”