HELP with PRINTER

leek777

HELP with PRINTER

Postby leek777 » Thu Nov 19, 2015 11:37 am

I am using a Cannon T2i with a Eye-Fi Mobi Pro. When I make the connection with my I-Pad I am doing it through the "Network" that the Mobi-Pro creates, not my routers wifi connection. How do I get it to connect through my wifi connection that has internet for the Instagram feature and be able to connect my printer there too? Or am I supposed to connect the printer to the "Mobi-Pro" network that is created?

Your assistance is greatly appreciated as my event is tomorrow! :shock:

tim
Site Admin

Re: HELP with PRINTER

Postby tim » Thu Nov 19, 2015 11:43 am

If you are using the Eyefi card as the hotspot, then you cannot use internet features like Instagram or Dropbox. You also almost certainly cannot print, because the printer will keep losing the connection.
It is highly recommended that you do NOT use the EyeFi to generate the hotspot. Connect to a regular router instead. Or use the ipad hotspot (if your ipad has a sim card), or your iphone's hotspot.

leek777

Postby leek777 » Thu Nov 19, 2015 11:49 am

This is where I am struggling. I don't know how to connect the Eye-Fi card to the network of my wireless router, as opposed to the hot-spot that it creates. How do I connect using this method?

Thanks for such a quick response!

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Thu Nov 19, 2015 12:09 pm

You're welcome. I know what it's like when the event is tomorrow, and stuff's not working...

With EyeFi Mobi Pro you need to stick the card into your computer, start up the mobi pro software, and configure the networks the card can access. You can find details for how to do this at http://eye.fi -- basically you need to save the networks you want the card to connect to, to the card. Then it will automatically try to connect to any of them when it has power.

leek777

Postby leek777 » Thu Nov 19, 2015 12:24 pm

Thanks, is this where the "key" comes into play. I do not have a computer that runs on 10.10 or higher. Once you use a computer to access this the first time, can that computer be eliminated from the procedure? I may have a collegue who has a higher version, so if I used there computer to set things up, would I be good to go afterwards not ever using their computer again?

Thanks

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Thu Nov 19, 2015 12:47 pm

Hi, if you're referring about the eyefi software then I believe that it would be fine: you'd use their computer to configure your card. Then you'd deinstall the software from their computer. Your card should still be configured.

Return to “Help: Printers”