App crashes when selecting to print

SFMedia

App crashes when selecting to print

Postby SFMedia » Fri Dec 23, 2016 8:14 pm

Upon choosing the option to print to my Selphy CP1200 printer, it crashes before I can actually press the print button.
- Recent update as of today's date
- Using wifi router connection setup
- Printer connects fine when selected via AirPrint connection

tim
Site Admin

Re: App crashes when selecting to print

Postby tim » Fri Dec 23, 2016 8:28 pm

Are you using an ipad pro 12 inch?
I see some crash reports from that
Please write a review for Wifibooth on the Apple App store! Indie developers like me really need people like you to review their apps. Instructions on how to write a review: http://goo.gl/w8NsDI.

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Fri Dec 23, 2016 9:01 pm

... assuming that IS you on the iPad Pro 12.9", I have examined the crash.
Can you please tell me what your paper settings (in the event settings) are? Specifically, tell me your width and height of the paper, and DPI.
If they are something other than the defaults, please try setting them back to the defaults: 4.0" x 6.0" at 300DPI. Please let me know if that fixes it -- and what your paper settings & DPI setting were.
Please write a review for Wifibooth on the Apple App store! Indie developers like me really need people like you to review their apps. Instructions on how to write a review: http://goo.gl/w8NsDI.

SFMedia

Postby SFMedia » Fri Dec 23, 2016 9:14 pm

Yes this is using my iPad Pro... current settings were 4x6 150DPI... I'll try at 300DPI and see if that resolves the issue

Thanks for getting back so quickly

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Fri Dec 23, 2016 9:17 pm

No problem, I am sorry that it is crashing for you and want to fix it ASAP.
150 DPI is actually better than 300DPI so printer settings is not the problem.

Another potential reason is that you are selecting extremely large (>12MP) photos to print which iPads cannot handle (ie you turned off downsize photos in the Settings app), or there is something else wrong with the photos. Luckily this is easy to check. To check if it is some problem with the photos, start WiFi Booth in iPad camera mode, take a bunch of new photos with the ipad camera, then try to print the new photos only (don't select anything but the new photos). If that doesn't crash, then it's the photos that are the problem, and we can troubleshoot from there

SFMedia

Postby SFMedia » Fri Dec 23, 2016 9:31 pm

Thanks! That's exactly what it was... DPI was 15062980 or something outrageous... I could only see 150 showing... but when I scrolled over I must have accidentally press more numbers, working fine now.

Thanks for the help!

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Fri Dec 23, 2016 10:04 pm

You are super welcome. If you could leave me a 5 star review on the app store it would make my christmas perfect :)
I will fix the dpi to have a sensible maximum.
All the best for your events!

SFMedia

Postby SFMedia » Fri Dec 23, 2016 10:11 pm

Gladly… it's rare you find quick support like that these day... especially during the holidays!
All the best and I look forward to what else you cook up in the future for this app.

Return to “Help: Printers”