Print Layouts

Nick

Print Layouts

Postby Nick » Wed Apr 13, 2016 11:02 pm

When I select one photo (landscape) to print it prints landscape but when I select two or more pictures for a collage (portrait) it prints in landscape too, which crops off the top and bottom. I'm using a Selphy 910. How do I fix this?

Also, I thought the new version of Wifi Booth could be operated in landscape on the iPad. It doesn't do that for me.

tim
Site Admin

Re: Print Layouts

Postby tim » Wed Apr 13, 2016 11:29 pm

Hi Nick
That is very strange that it prints wrong. What version of iOS is it? The photos that you are choosing to make the collage, what orientation are they (landscape vs portrait) ?
At the moment the app runs only portrait mode because there is not enough room to have a filmstrip-like design in landscape mode. The improvement in 2.0 is that landscape photos can be printed properly

Nick

Postby Nick » Wed Apr 13, 2016 11:52 pm

I'm using Yosemite. The pictures i choose are landscape to make a collage. I'm using the eyefi card on my camera, which bring up this layout isue with the printer. Printing from Instagram is fine.

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Thu Apr 14, 2016 8:48 am

Hi Nick, I don't see the same problem when I try it on my end with the same setup.
Can you please check something for me: Go to Settings app, WiFi Booth, and tell me the numbers you see for the two settings:
- Print pixels, long side
- Print pixels, short side

Nick

Postby Nick » Thu Apr 14, 2016 9:41 am

Print pixels long 1800; short 1200. Maybe these screengrabs might explain what's going on.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/st3g45n9wmjzn ... 1.JPG?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ksczudzmaiko9 ... 2.JPG?dl=0

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Thu Apr 14, 2016 9:47 am

Hi Nick
Looking at those screengrabs, i'm not sure what is wrong. What are you expecting that is not happening in the screengrabs?
Perhaps you need to send me a photo of what it prints on the selphy for me to understand what is wrong?

Expected behavior for the app is that as you select more photos, it automatically creates a collage. The orientation of the collage (whether the resulting collage is landscape or portrait) depends on 2 factors: the number of photos picked (1-6), and the orientation of the photos picked.

Nick

Postby Nick » Thu Apr 14, 2016 9:58 am

Grabs show the orientation is not the same, which I was assuming would affect the print layout. This is how it prints:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/633mlxe7yadwz ... 3.JPG?dl=0

Nick

Postby Nick » Thu Apr 14, 2016 10:53 pm

I thought the Selphy would auto detect the layout so I would have to switch between landscape and portrait layout settings. Landscape setting prints one image (single photo selected in Wifi Booth) correctly but doesn't with collages. I then switch the printer setting to portrait; one image is cropped off top and bottom but collages print perfectly.

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Fri Apr 15, 2016 7:23 am

I have not had a probelm with the selphys, I left them on their default setting and everything printed fine.
I sent you an email to the address you signed up with, I am wondering if it is a different issue

Return to “Help: Printers”