Basic Setup Help

SWPB

Basic Setup Help

Postby SWPB » Fri Sep 22, 2017 9:54 am

Can someone explain the basic setup to me please?

I have an iPad with a 4g sim card and 10gb data a month. I want to use the sim card (or available wifi) to email photos at an event, and upload to drop box.

At the same time, i was to have a mitsibushi D70 printer, with a usb Wireless print server attached. However, what if there is no wifi at the venue?

How would i use the 4g sim in the ipad to send photos, but still connect with the printer?

tim
Site Admin

Re: Basic Setup Help

Postby tim » Fri Sep 22, 2017 1:23 pm

Hi there,
Well, a D70 with a wifi print server is not really a "basic setup", it's more like an advanced setup :)
What kind of print server is it -- does it support AirPrint? You can tell because if it supports airprint, you can print directly from iOS apps without plugins, ie. iOS Photos app -> print
Unfortunately an iOS device like your iPad cannot use both wifi and cellular at the same time: either it uses wifi, so that it can connect to local things like your printer, OR it uses the cellular so it can access the internet without wifi.
The good news is that wifibooth doesn't need internet connectivity for emailing and dropbox: it will queue up the data, and send it once the app is open and the ipad has internet connectivity.
Please write a review for Wifibooth on the Apple App store! Indie developers like me really need people like you to review their apps. Instructions on how to write a review: http://goo.gl/w8NsDI.

SWPB

Postby SWPB » Sat Sep 23, 2017 5:27 pm

Hi Tim,

OK thank you, not sure which printer server to get yet to enable printing on the d70.

Do you know of any that create their own hotspot, and don't need to rely on a wifi signal at the venue?

Ive mentioned your app and shared it in the Photobooth Network group on facebook with 12,000 members, and it seems to be getting some praise!

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Sat Sep 23, 2017 7:04 pm

Thank you for the advertising! Im not very good at that. If you see opportunities let me know :D

No, i only know consumer (slow / low capacity) printers that make wifi hotspots.
For pros i absolutely recommend DNP WPS + DNP printer like DNP DS40. The DNP WPS pro is the unit that adds wifi to the printer. Both wifibooth and blueprint have support built in for DNP WPS.
Please write a review for Wifibooth on the Apple App store! Indie developers like me really need people like you to review their apps. Instructions on how to write a review: http://goo.gl/w8NsDI.

SWPB

Postby SWPB » Sat Oct 28, 2017 3:46 am

Ive already got 6 Mitsibushi D70 printers, and we order bulk purchases of media so didnt want to change to a DNP.

I ended up getting a cheap windows tablet (with a usb port) and connecting that to the printer.

I then installed and used....
- Bonjour
- O-print
- Connectitfy

Now my mitsibushi printer is available via air print, and i simply connect the ipad to the hotspot created by the tablet, and im good to go. Infact, I think the photo to print times are even faster than our booths.

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Sat Oct 28, 2017 9:48 am

Wow awesome setup!
The print times on wifibooth are fast because it sends the printer exactly the size of JPG it needs :)

Return to “Help: Printers”