BluePrint not connecting

sanderandgeraldine

BluePrint not connecting

Postby sanderandgeraldine » Thu Nov 09, 2017 5:45 pm

Hi Tim,

WifiBooth keeps Searching for the BluePrint printer on my iPhone but never seems to find it.

Set-up is following:
iPad connected to Nikon D750 via Nikon's wifi
iPhone connected to WPS PRO, connected via usb to DS-RX1HS

iPad has the wifibooth app installed, iPhone has BluePrint - both seem to be on latest versions of the app (no updates available in App Store)

I can print from my iPhone via the WPS Print 2 app, so the connection with the printer is fine
I can share my DNS WPS printer via BluePrint and the normal screen seems to appear: Connected devices: none, last image blank as well
I can take pictures from my camera via the Wifibooth app and they appear in the gallery

All that doesn't work is the printer: I press connect to a printer, choose BluePrint and the app keeps searching but never finds a thing, both devices have Bluetooth on and are lying next to one another...

Any help will be much appreciated!

tim
Site Admin

Re: BluePrint not connecting

Postby tim » Thu Nov 09, 2017 7:49 pm

Hmm, it sounds like you are doing everything right.
Sometimes Apple bluetooth gets all messed up. Can you please try powering both iOS devices all the way off (power down, wait a sec, power up, apple logo, etc), see if that helps?
Please write a review for Wifibooth on the Apple App store! Indie developers like me really need people like you to review their apps. Instructions on how to write a review: http://goo.gl/w8NsDI.

sanderandgeraldine

Postby sanderandgeraldine » Fri Nov 10, 2017 1:43 am

oldest trick in the IT book but unfortunately didn't resolve the issue.

I've tried one more thing: I now downloaded BleuPrint on my iPad as well to test whether printing through bluetooth via my iPhone works, but also there it cannot find a connection... Nor if I invert the relationship and connect my iPad to the printer and try to use BluePrint to connect my iPhone...

Both are on iOS11 - is there any known issue with that?
iPad is an iPad Air & iPhone an iPhone 6

Thanks
Sander

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:19 am

Hi Sander,
No, there's no known issue with iOS 11, or any of the hardware you're describing.
Hmm that is very odd. I just tried it with an iPhone 6 running iOS 11.0.3 against an iPad Pro running iOS 11.1, in the same wifi setup you describe, and it worked fine. There's nothing different about iPad air hardware for Blueprint, should work.

Does anything change if you share a "normal" AirPrint printer on the Blueprint/iPhone side?
Do you have any other bluetooth devices connected to the iPhone? Maybe there's some conflict there...
Do you have any restrictions on bluetooth sharing activated? Settings app -> General -> Restrictions -> Bluetooth Sharing
Does your iPhone have any profiles installed (ie. from your work) that "lock it down"?
Does your iPhone have a VPN configured?
Not that it should matter but: can you make sure Airdrop is at least set to "Contacts Only" not "receiving off" ? Settings App -> General -> AirDrop
You're not using personal hotspot on the iPhone (that's turned off) right?
Please write a review for Wifibooth on the Apple App store! Indie developers like me really need people like you to review their apps. Instructions on how to write a review: http://goo.gl/w8NsDI.

ljsalazar

Postby ljsalazar » Sun Nov 12, 2017 10:27 pm

I use a very similar set-up which works well. First make sure that both your iPad and iPhone have bluetooth turned on. Make sure your iPhone's wifi is on your WPS Pro network. Next go to BluePrint and press "Share my Printer" and select DNP WPS Printer and then select the print size. Now in wifibooth tap on connect a printer. Select BluePrint. It should search and find your iPhone. Select your iPhone off the search list. Now your iPhone will ask you if you want to connect to your iPad. Select "connect" on your iPhone and you should be all set to print.
I hope this helps.

sanderandgeraldine

Postby sanderandgeraldine » Wed Nov 15, 2017 3:17 pm

Hi both,

Thanks a lot for the thoughts, sorry I wasn't able to answer earlier. Out of all the suggestions and questions, think the key one might be VPN. I'll try with another iPhone this weekend to check whether that might be the issue. Think overall it anyways seems to make sense to invest in a basic Canon device for the photobooth itself, which can then connect directly to the WPS Pro.

Will keep you posted on progress!
Sander

Return to “Help: Printers”