DNP PRO setup

johannTBox

DNP PRO setup

Postby johannTBox » Wed Feb 07, 2018 5:52 pm

Hey there,

I really need your help here. I’ve got an dnp 620 and I need it to run on an existing network as I want to use the online features of Wifibooth live.

So I thought I get the wps 1: but no it can’t connect to an existing network
Next brilliant thought: get the WPS Pro: it can’t do that either.

So please help. How do I set the printer up to have my canon, iPad and printer using an existing network with internet connectivity?

One way would be: in the app I can choose „connect to a printer“ and when I do that it asks me what the IP address is... but I don’t know the IP address and I read in another forum that it is always changing its up adress...

Can somebody bring a little light in this matter for me?

I‘d really appreciate it!

tim
Site Admin

Re: DNP PRO setup

Postby tim » Wed Feb 07, 2018 7:16 pm

I've done what you're trying to do with a WPS Pro + DNP 40.
The configuration requires a wifi-router. I used a cheap plug-style router, the DLink DIR505: https://www.amazon.com/D-Link-All-in-On ... ds=dir-505
-- please note this is an old, out of date / obsolete product. Just get the newer one by your favorite manufacturer.

The setup:
DNP printer --USB--> WPS-PRO --ethernet------LAN--> wifi router --WAN------wifi--> iPhone mobile hotspot

In other words, the wifi router is connecting on its wifi side as a client to your iphone.
Please write a review for Wifibooth on the Apple App store! Indie developers like me really need people like you to review their apps. Instructions on how to write a review: http://goo.gl/w8NsDI.

johannTBox

Re: DNP PRO setup

Postby johannTBox » Sat Feb 10, 2018 4:19 am

Hey Tim,

Thank you for your solution. I already figured it out and with a slightly different setup.

I use a mobile router with SIM card and an entrance for cat5 cables.

So I don’t need the iPhone as Hotspot. But as I said it’s kinda the same solution as you suggested :)

For other users

After you plugged your router to your wps you go to the app and push add printer and choose DNP WPS. Than you add the IP adress
Default: 192.168.43.1.

Hope it helps others.

Byby and thank you

Return to “Help: Printers”