Connetcting Problems: Canon selphy cp1200

JDMFlo

Connetcting Problems: Canon selphy cp1200

Postby JDMFlo » Thu Aug 11, 2016 5:33 am

Hi Community

I use an Eye-Fi Mobi Pro Card, an iPad 1 and the printer Canon Selphy CP1200.
Now my Problem is:
Always when I connetct to the Eye-Fi Card i can download the new pics I took. So thats fine. :lol:
But when i try to print by "Air Print" i have to go to my iPad settings to change
the Wi-Fi. I always need to change between the Eye-Fi card Wifi and the Printer Wifi.

That is ok, but really annoying. :roll:

Is there an other Way? What I'm doing wrong?

Hope you can help me fast. I need the booth in the end of august 2016.

Kind regards, Flo

tim
Site Admin

Re: Connetcting Problems: Canon selphy cp1200

Postby tim » Thu Aug 11, 2016 9:54 am

Hi Flo
Good news, yes there's a way to do this without switching the wifi (please update to the newest version of wifibooth).
You need a 2nd iOS device, like an iPhone or iPod. Then you use BluePrint to share the printer over Bluetooth.
I wrote an article for exactly this setup: https://thewifibooth.com/article/blueprint/
Please try it, and give me feedback here if it worked for you. If you have suggestions to improve the article please let me know!

timoetting

Postby timoetting » Sun Sep 11, 2016 2:06 am

Hey Flo and Tim,

wouldn't it also be possible to connect the printer directly to the eye-fi's wifi? I tested this with the integrated wifi of a canon cam (usomg the cam as a hotspot) and it worked so far.

See you
Tim Ö.

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Sun Sep 11, 2016 12:37 pm

That would work for one or maybe two photos. It would not work at a real event: the eyefi drops its wifi very quickly, much faster than when wifi is built-in. Printers do not quickly re-connect. In general for events you care about i'd avoid eyefi altogether and invest in a camera that has wifi built-in. You get triggering, guests can use the remote apps, live view, etc. And it is a lot more stable

Return to “Help: Printers”