Can't get Upload Key

EyeFi cards only
ejh2p7

Can't get Upload Key

Postby ejh2p7 » Wed Apr 26, 2017 1:14 am

Hello Tim!

I have the Eye-Fi Mobi Pro - I have connected it to the Keenai app on my iPad and I am able to transfer photos from my Nikon to the iPad. I also downloaded the Eye-Fi software on my Mac and am able to transfer photos from my Nikon to my Mac. I connected the Eye Fi card to my Mac and changed the settings like you said so it is doing the bare minimum. I opened the Wifi Booth App and I cannot get my camera to send the photos to the Wifi Booth App. I tried the steps using the "Terminal" program on my computer and sent the email, but it did not automatically apply the Upload Key. I'm stuck, can you give me some advice?

Thank you!

Elizabeth H.

tim
Site Admin

Re: Can't get Upload Key

Postby tim » Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:25 am

Hi Elizabeth,

Let's do the step at in the Terminal program again, to make sure that what was generated actually contained a key.
Here's the stuff to paste into Terminal again, can you please copy/paste the output here so I can see it?

dbres=$(sqlite3 ~/Library/Application\ Support/Keenai/offline.db 'SELECT o_mac_address, o_upload_key FROM o_devices') && keys=(${dbres//$'\n'/ }) && for keyandmac in "${keys[@]}"; do mobimac=${keyandmac:0:17}; mobikey=${keyandmac:18}; ssurl="wifibooth://setEyeFiKey/${mobimac}/${mobikey}"; open mailto:?body=$ssurl; done;
Please write a review for Wifibooth on the Apple App store! Indie developers like me really need people like you to review their apps. Instructions on how to write a review: http://goo.gl/w8NsDI.

ejh2p7

Postby ejh2p7 » Fri Apr 28, 2017 8:05 pm

Hey Tim,

I tried it again and this time I did not get any email at all. I am a little confused about which wireless I need to be on. I have the Eye-Fi card in my computer and I am on my normal wireless...copy/pasted what you gave me into Terminal and got nothing. I attached my Terminal response below. I tried it with my computer on my iPhone hotspot and it won't work either.
Last edited by ejh2p7 on Sun Apr 30, 2017 3:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

selfiekisteleipzig

Postby selfiekisteleipzig » Sat Apr 29, 2017 9:28 am

Hi Tim,

im from germany and i try to understand, how i can get the upload key, that i can use the eye fi card to send the pictures to my ipad and that i can print selected pictures with my dnp620 and wps. my english is ok, but i guess its to bad to understand, what i shell to do ^^

do you have a video, where i can see step by step, what i have to do?

i use a eye fi mobi pro, nikon d3200, ipad air, dnp620 and wps. and i want use all together.would be great, when you can help me.

best regards from Leipzig

Adrian

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Sat Apr 29, 2017 11:18 am

@ejh2p7: the problem you have, is that the file with the upload key is missing. Are you sure you have the Keenai version of the eyefi software installed, not the older eyefi version? If you do have the keenai version, then my recommendation is to get the card inserted into the computer once it has some photos on it, and get those photos transferring wirelessly to your computer. That should cause your computer to generate the eyefi key and put it in the file, so that the file isn't missing anymore.

@selfiekisteleleipzig Grüsse aus Kanada! Mein Deutsch ist auch noch schlecht, nach 10 Jahren in der Schweiz... Hast du schon diese Artikel komplett gelesen? https://wifibooth.com/article/eyefiuploadkey-mobipro/ -- falls Ja, diese auch? https://wifibooth.com/community/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=362
Falls etwas auf Englisch unklar ist, bitte ein neues thread machen, auf Deutsch. Ich will nur 1 sprache per thread haben, danke.
Please write a review for Wifibooth on the Apple App store! Indie developers like me really need people like you to review their apps. Instructions on how to write a review: http://goo.gl/w8NsDI.

ejh2p7

Postby ejh2p7 » Sun Apr 30, 2017 3:08 pm

Hi Tim,

You were right, I had the older version, not Keenai. I got the upload key! I plugged it into the app, chose the event, and my camera still won't connect. I went through the steps of making the card do the bare minimum, made sure I was on the same wireless connection, deleted Keenai from my iPad, and turned off all devices that had Eye-Fi software. The photos still won't transfer to the app. I have my camera settings on basic JPG, I don't have any options on my camera for an Eye-Fi card. I have a Nikon D80.

The only problem I ran into while going through these steps was that I was not able to delete the 1 other wireless network on the Keenai program when the card is inserted into my computer. I tried several ways of deleting it. It is a random wifi though and I can't connect anyways on any device because I don't have the password.

Any ideas?

Elizabeth Herrick

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Sun Apr 30, 2017 3:45 pm

Hi Elizabeth,
Glad you are making progress, sorry it's not working for you yet.
Let's check your wifi setup: am I right that your eyefi card is configured to connect to your home wifi router?
If so, is your iPad connected to your home wifi router?

If that's right, try powering down your ipad (hold down power button, slide to power off), then turning it back on again. Then, if possible temporarily disable your internet but leave your wifi active (ie. if you have a cablemodem AND a wifi router, then unplug the cablemodem; if you have an all-in-one, unplug the tv-cable/phone-cable from your router) -- this is to stop your eyefi card accessing the internet (sometimes this speeds up the process of it finding wifibooth). Now try (with wifibooth on, at the home screen with photos at the top) taking 5-10 photos with the camera in JPG mode, and wait 30 seconds.
Anything?
Don't forget to turn your internet back on after the test :)

ejh2p7

Postby ejh2p7 » Sun Apr 30, 2017 8:42 pm

Hey Tim,

Maybe this is part of the problem but I am not able to control the internet access that I'm on, I live in an apartment with a community access to the wireless. It's very fast, but I can't turn it off or manipulate it. Do you think this is the problem?

Also, when I use it for my wedding, this may be an issue as well. The venue has wireless but I may not be able to manipulate it.

Elizabeth Herrick

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Sun Apr 30, 2017 10:48 pm

Hi Elizabeth,
No - this would just help you speed up getting started. Not prevent you from doing so.

ejh2p7

Postby ejh2p7 » Sat May 06, 2017 2:05 pm

Tim,

Do you have any other advice? It should be able to work with any camera and iPad, correct? I really would love to use this app over the other ones available but still can't get it to work.

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Sat May 06, 2017 2:51 pm

Hi Elizabeth
Did you see the help article here: https://wifibooth.com/community/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=362 ??
I'm afraid if you already saw that, I'm out of ideas.
Eye-fi is a really terrible experience all round, i'm very close to totally dropping support for their products.
If you can get a camera with it, the built-in wifi experience is SOOOO much easier. A Canon 750D or 760D is the best way to go...

ejh2p7

Postby ejh2p7 » Mon May 15, 2017 5:40 pm

Hey Tim,

I finally got it to work! I tried it in another location with different wifi and it worked.

Are you able to make the photos black and white and/or add any filters onto the photos once you purchase the app?

Elizabeth H

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Tue May 16, 2017 8:25 am

Great that it works for you!
There aren't filters yet but i'm considering that for a future version... Most cameras can be told to take the photo in black and white!

Return to “Help: Cameras using EyeFi cards”