Eyefi mobi pro not working

EyeFi cards only
jojo808

Eyefi mobi pro not working

Postby jojo808 » Mon Sep 19, 2016 2:37 am

I have downloaded your app and am still in trial version. I have been trying to use my Nikon D3300 with your app. First I tried with the Wireless Mobile Adapter 1a, no luck. I just bought the Eyefi Mobi Pro and have been for hours now trying to get it to work with dedicated network, TMobile hotspot. I have turned everything off in the preferences, made sure no one and no other apps are running, checked that only two devices are connected, iPad and Eyefi but still not connecting to app. I'm at a lost. I have connected Eyefi directly to app once have lost it ever since.

Side note I have deleted the app and powered off, loaded the app and restarted 3-4 times. Then I noticed now when I select Eyefi the timer feature is gone, did I do something? Is this not a feature when using Dslr/Eyefi or only when using iPad only? Or is this only when you purchase the app? Please help. I have many other similar apps but because I'm able to use Dslr camera and has the timer feature which makes for a fun photo booth, I really want this to work. Thank you, Stuck in Hawaii, jojo808.

tim
Site Admin

Re: Eyefi mobi pro not working

Postby tim » Mon Sep 19, 2016 9:59 am

Hi jojo
Sorry you're having trouble. There are no limitations in the trial app -- nothing is different when you buy the app except watermark is removed.
The ability to trigger the camera from the ipad (camera button with countdown timer) is NOT available with eye-fi. Eye-fi cards are SD cards, and SD cards cannot trigger cameras. So there's no way for the app to do that thru eye-fi. I suggest you get a hardware-trigger like the phottix plato or something similar.

If you can't get eye-fi to connect please check https://wifibooth.com/article/eyeficonnect-infra/ especially the part at the top re configuring the card.

Your Nikon WU-1a would be a better experience than the eye-fi, I am not sure why it isn't working. When is your event? Maybe I can get access to one here, and see if I can find the problem

jojo808

Postby jojo808 » Mon Sep 19, 2016 1:45 pm

Hi Tim,
Thank you for your quick reply! :) Thanks for the info on the eyefi. I will check out the Eyefi article on infrastructure. As far as the Wireless adapter, whatever you can do on that would be great! My event is this Saturday.
Mahalo for the time,
jojo808

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Mon Sep 19, 2016 2:39 pm

Hi jojo
OK good news / bad news: good news is I found a WU-1a and will grab it tonight. Bad news is that I still need to find a camera that works with it (I have a few Nikon cameras but none that will work with it), and uploading a new version + apple review by saturday is probably impossible. So please get eye-fi working for now.

jojo808

Postby jojo808 » Mon Sep 19, 2016 8:22 pm

Aloha Tim,
Okay, thanks for trying. I have another camera, Nikon J4 with built-in wifi. I can also get my hands on a Sony A5100. I'm going to try both. I can get the ipad to work on its own, just the ipad and app, but the pictures from the front camera on my ipad is not as great as using a DSLR. I'll keep you updated on the eyefi infrastructure. Wish me luck!
Mahalo,
jojo808

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Mon Sep 19, 2016 9:10 pm

Hi jojo
If you have time to try the J4 i'd love to know if it works. Never tried the J series so there's a good chance it does not work. Would love to know.
The sony 5100 definitely works.

Return to “Help: Cameras using EyeFi cards”