Cannot Get Upload Key

EyeFi cards only
JennWakefield

Cannot Get Upload Key

Postby JennWakefield » Thu Oct 01, 2015 5:34 pm

I have an eye-fi Mobi Pro card. I have followed the instructions on your website. My card will transfer to both my computer and the eye-fi app. I pasted the command into Terminal and sent that email to my iPad. Opened the email and clicked the link. It opened the Wifi Booth app, but did not paste the upload key. Please help.

tim
Site Admin

Re: Cannot Get Upload Key

Postby tim » Fri Oct 02, 2015 3:56 am

Hi Jenn
Sorry you're having trouble. When you hit the link in the email, did nothing at all happen, or did wifibooth launch? If wifibooth launched did you see a white message box come to the front?
thanks
-tim

JennWakefield

Postby JennWakefield » Thu Oct 29, 2015 6:25 pm

The wifi booth launched, but it just opened to the first screen where it ask you to "choose your weapon". I clicked on the eye-wifi card and closed the app and then tried clicking on the link in the email again. The app just opened where I left off. I just deleted the app and tried again. It's still doing the same thing.

I've had the card for a month and have used it several times; transferring to both my computer and iPad.

Is there another way to get the EyeFi Key?

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Thu Oct 29, 2015 8:03 pm

Hi Jenn
Sorry for the confusion. Please try one thing for me: when you click the link in the email and WiFi booth launches, please then select the right-most button (the Eye-Fi button). Do you see a key that's already filled in? If yes, then it worked -- just hit the arrow to continue, you've already entered the key.
If you don't see anything when you hit the EyeFi button, then please paste the contents of the email here and I will write your eyefi key back to you. It's safe to paste here, as anyone who wanted to use it would have to be physically in range of your card

cheers
-tim

JennWakefield

Postby JennWakefield » Fri Oct 30, 2015 9:56 am

There is nothing when I hit the EyeFi button. Here is the email link.

wifibooth://setEyeFiKey/00-18-56-6e-52-30/

Thank you!

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Fri Oct 30, 2015 10:04 am

Hi Jenn,
OK, and I can see why -- something is wrong, the terminal script did not generate your EyeFi key. I assume this is because for some reason, the value is not currently saved by the Eye Fi software where it is usually saved.

Can you please try this for me:
1) open the eye fi mobi software
2) make a change to the configuration of the card (any change, so long as it saves -- you can change it right back afterwards)
3) go to terminal again (spotlight/search, "terminal")
4) paste this in to terminal, to copy your db to your Desktop: cp ~/Library/Application\ Support/Eyefi/Eyefi\ Mobi/offline.db $HOME/Desktop
5) email me the offline.db file from your Desktop, to tim(at)thewifibooth.com

Sorry again that this isn't working for you, i'll have a look.

AdrianU

Postby AdrianU » Thu Dec 03, 2015 10:15 pm

I have a Mobi Pro card as well and am having the same issue. Is there a solution?

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Fri Dec 04, 2015 8:18 am

Hi Adrian
Please make sure you've successfully transferred some photos from the eyefi card to the computer, before you attempt to get the key. That has been the problem a few times. If you still have issues please try reinstalling the eyefi software.

JennWakefield

Postby JennWakefield » Thu Dec 10, 2015 9:53 pm

I final got the upload key. I used my husband's computer and it worked prefect.

I don't know why my computer didn't want to work.

Thanks!

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Fri Dec 11, 2015 10:20 am

Great, thanks Jenn for letting us know.

To others with problems getting the Eye-Fi key: please make sure that before you attempt to get the key, that the computer has already successfully transferred photos from the card (using the eye-fi software). In other words, don't just install the eye-fi software and immediately try to get the key; use it a bit first by taking some photos and having them wirelessly transferred to the computer. Hopefully this gives the eye-fi software time to write the key!

Lpseaver

Postby Lpseaver » Thu Mar 17, 2016 12:23 am

I do not receive an email after pasting the code in terminal. I copy and paste the code from the website, but nothing happens. How do k send the email?

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Thu Mar 17, 2016 7:15 am

Please check the code you paste into terminal very carefully - if no mail app opens after you execute it then probably something didnt paste right. Do you see any errors after the command?

Lpseaver

Postby Lpseaver » Thu Mar 17, 2016 12:37 pm

This is the code I used:

dbres=$(sqlite3 ~/Library/Application\ Support/Eyefi/Eyefi\ Mobi/offline.db 'SELECT o_mac_address, o_upload_key FROM o_devices') && keys=(${dbres//$'\n'/ }) && for keyandmac in "${keys[@]}"; do mobimac=${keyandmac:0:17}; mobikey=${keyandmac:18}; ssurl="wifibooth://setEyeFiKey/${mobimac}/${mobikey}"; open mailto:?body=$ssurl; done;

And then I press enter.

Nothing happens. No error messages occur.

Lpseaver

Postby Lpseaver » Thu Mar 17, 2016 12:51 pm

I looked to see if these folders exist on my computer:
Library/Application\ Support/Eyefi/Eyefi\ Mobi/offline.db

They do not.

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Thu Mar 17, 2016 8:39 pm

Before you run that command, you must have the official eyefi software installed, and have transferred some photos using it. Did you already do that?
Are you logged in as the same user that transferred the photos?

Lpseaver

Postby Lpseaver » Thu Mar 17, 2016 11:21 pm

I downloaded eye fi center but it won't log me in. I am using the correct email and password. It doesn't recognize my email.

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Thu Mar 17, 2016 11:30 pm

Hi, you need to get the eyefi software working to get the upload key. Please visit the eyefi support page (http://eye.fi)

Lpseaver

Postby Lpseaver » Sun Mar 27, 2016 5:21 pm

Okay. I have my software and photos have successfully transferred to my computer. The command still will not work.

Nick

Postby Nick » Sun Apr 10, 2016 11:10 pm

Hi Tim, the first time I did this I got no connection WifiBooth. I suspect it is because I had already signed up for EyeFi Cloud so I config. the same card on a different laptop, one that had not been used with the Mobi Pro or EyeFi Desktop before. I followed the exact same steps and got a key first time. If anyone else has issues with connection this could be a solution.

nomaphoto

Postby nomaphoto » Tue Apr 12, 2016 2:11 pm

I'm having the same issue as well. I've tried all the steps mentioned. I've used the card tirelessly already transferring images onto my computer and iPad - plugged the card reader into my computer - changed all my personal hotspot settings - and still the card is not generating the activation code in the app.
Please help - I need this together ASAP.

wifibooth://setEyeFiKey/00-18-56-70-22-35/

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Tue Apr 12, 2016 8:01 pm

Hi nomaphoto
Can you please check that eyefi cloud is disabled on your computer (in eye fi mobi pro app)
thanks

nomaphoto

Postby nomaphoto » Wed Apr 13, 2016 12:29 am

Hi Tim - thank you for your quick response. I finally got the activation code following some of the steps - but I'm at a stand still with it now trying to find a way to disable the iCloud function. I tried getting into the settings though the eyefi mobi program and it was recommended that I go through the eyefi center and eyefi help programs - however help won't run on the computer and this is making it virtually impossible to resolve - not sure why this seems so complicated . I love your app design and really want to use it but getting super frustrated.

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Wed Apr 13, 2016 7:13 am

Hi noma
Yes, eye fi setup is super frustrating and i wish that the company Eyefi would give me access to their api, so i could automate it. However they told me no one new is allowed access to it.

What was the step that allowed you to succeed and get the key?
Are you trying to disable icloud because all the photos are uploading to your icloud and you dont want that? If so that could be changed under settings app - icloud

nomaphoto

Postby nomaphoto » Wed Apr 13, 2016 5:00 pm

Originally I had set everything up on my laptop - so then I installed on my computer after reading a few of the comments and was able to generate the key - don't know why that is but hey it worked lol.

As for the iCloud aspect - yes, I'm trying to follow the instructions on how to change the setting to not allow photos to upload to it...I've shut off the download to iCloud feature in the iCloud settings on both my iPad and iPhone...still no luck :( I'm about to uninstall everything and see if I can start over fresh. Still not able to create an account on eyefi center despite following there instructions too and have not heard back from their neck support :,(

nomaphoto

Postby nomaphoto » Wed Apr 13, 2016 5:41 pm

ok - since I deleted everything now to try and start fresh I'm not event getting a message about the camera trying to connect on wifi booth - just says please start the connection on the camera. Says its connected to the eye-fi card though.

Return to “Help: Cameras using EyeFi cards”