Use with eyefi mobi

EyeFi cards only
Ingwright

Use with eyefi mobi

Postby Ingwright » Mon Oct 12, 2015 5:43 pm

Great app - thank you.
I'm using the app with a Sony nex5 and a eyefi mobi card. I connect the app directly to the mobi card but can't simultaneously connect to a printer without severing the camera link. I assume I need a mobi pro card in infrastructure mode to connect to printer and camera via the same wifi network

With thanks

tim
Site Admin

Re: Use with eyefi mobi

Postby tim » Tue Oct 13, 2015 3:47 am

Thanks for the compliment :)
Yes, you need an eyefi card that supports infrastructure mode to connect ipad + camera + printer all at the same time.
I have the older X2 Pro and the newer Mobi Pro. The Mobi Pro is superior in multiple ways, it connects faster, has better range, and seems to use less battery.

Daytripper

Postby Daytripper » Tue Oct 20, 2015 3:31 am

Hi there, also congrats to the app. It's exactly what I was looking for. Butnit doesn't work how I would like to have it worked... My setup:

iPad Wifi + 3G
Canon EOS 500D
Canon Selphy CP910
Eye-Fi Mobi (not the Pro Version... :cry: )

The Printer and the Camer cannot connect at the same time that way. What would you recomend, buy the Eye-Fi Mobi Pro Version? Is there another way? The iPad doesn't have a SIM in it at the moment (i think I don't need the instagramm or upload feature right now, maxbee later...).

Kind regards from Switzerland

Daytripper

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Tue Oct 20, 2015 4:34 am

Hi Daytripper
Correct, the eyefi mobi cannot do what you want: it cannot connect the camera and printer to the ipad at the same time.
Yes, I recommend the EyeFi Mobi Pro card, it works very well for me.
Greetings from the foggy Zürich pfingstweidstrasse :)
-tim

Daytripper

Postby Daytripper » Tue Oct 20, 2015 4:43 am

Hi Tim

Thanks for your answer. The order is done.

Greezes from the always sunny Aarau.

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Mon Jul 04, 2016 8:05 pm

Hi DayTripper,
In the new update to Wifi Booth, 2.5.0 (available tomorrow), printing via BluePrint is supported. You can learn more about BluePrint here: http://thewifibooth.com/blueprint/ . It is a free app that allows you to print over Bluetooth to an AirPrint printer shared by another iOS device.

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Mon Jul 04, 2016 8:07 pm

Hi Ingwright,

The new update to Wifi booth (2.5.0, available tomorrow) supports printing over bluetooth via BluePrint. BluePrint is a free app available from http://thewifibooth.com/blueprint/.

Also, if your NEX-5 has wifi built-in (ie. NEX-5T, NEX-5R), the new update of Wifi Booth has native support for your Sony camera. No more eye-fi required for you in that case :)

Return to “Help: Cameras using EyeFi cards”