Can not get camera with eye fi to connect.

EyeFi cards only
Amarino

Can not get camera with eye fi to connect.

Postby Amarino » Sat Nov 07, 2015 6:02 pm

I've tried everything... my canon eos M with proX eye fi card will not connect to the app. The iPad and camera are on the same network, no other devices on the network with an eyefi app.whats going on? I "rented the app" thinking that was the issue, but it's still not working - trying to use it for an event tonight :/

Help!!

tim
Site Admin

Re: Can not get camera with eye fi to connect.

Postby tim » Sun Nov 08, 2015 8:34 am

Sorry you're having trouble. Did you enter your Eye Fi Upload key into the app?

bclsu16

Postby bclsu16 » Fri Dec 11, 2015 11:27 am

I can't get my camera to send the pictures to the app on the ipad. I purchased an EyeFi ProX2 card and have paired it with my Nikon D5100. I have entered the Upload Key into the app. It will send photos to the computer, or will send photos to my ipad (if I have the "Direct Mode" enabled in the settings for EyeFi). The odd thing is, with all the settings switched according to the "Getting the Upload Key" document, for each photo taken with the camera, the app will show a decrease in available storage (in the bottom right screen of the app) but will not receive any photos and still says it's not connecting to the camera. Please advise. Thank you.

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Fri Dec 11, 2015 12:50 pm

Hi bclsu16,
It sounds like what is happening is that the official Eye-Fi app is still running in the background on the iPad while wifibooth is running -- it must not. You need to kill the official eye-fi app, power off the ipad, power the ipad back on, and launch Wifi booth. Do not launch the Eye-Fi app on the ipad: it holds the eye-fi port so that wifibooth cannot use it, sometimes even after being killed.
Please let me know if that helps.
-tim

bclsu16

Postby bclsu16 » Sat Dec 12, 2015 11:36 am

Hi Tim. Thanks for your response. I do not have the EyeFi app running in the background. I have killed the app and even restarted the iPad and camera and it still has the same issue. Any other ideas? Thanks

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Sat Dec 12, 2015 7:47 pm

If your eyefi card, ipad, and computer are on the same wifi network, then please make sure your computer is off when you're trying wifibooth. Otherwise your computer will steal the connection. Make sure your camera is sending JPG not RAW, and not massive 50MP jpgs (1800x1200 is enough).
If that still doesn't work, then please send me the settings.xml where you got your upload key from - email to tim at thewifibooth dot com

bclsu16

Postby bclsu16 » Sat Dec 19, 2015 11:41 pm

Finally got it! I re-did all of the settings, and then followed your instruction to have the computer turned off, that seemed to do the trick. Now that we have it up and running, is there any way to have the countdown timer linked to the camera? Thanks for your help.

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Sun Dec 20, 2015 12:01 am

I'm sorry, I'm not sure what you mean: which countdown timer do you mean? What do you want to do?

bclsu16

Postby bclsu16 » Wed Dec 23, 2015 11:17 am

When the ipad camera is used, the ipad is used to control the shutter and the app displays a "countdown" before pictures are taken. I was wondering if there is any way to use the app to control the camera shutter. Thank you!

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Thu Dec 24, 2015 8:48 am

Hi bclsu16,
At the moment the camera shutter is not controlled by the ipad. I suggest you look into getting a remote to trigger your camera. I use the Phottix Plato, cheap and easy.

Return to “Help: Cameras using EyeFi cards”