Invalid key

EyeFi cards only
candice

Invalid key

Postby candice » Sat Nov 12, 2016 9:41 am

Hello!

I'am trying for many days to try to connect my iPad to my wifi card .
I have made the key as you write it but then when I click o the link on my mail the app open and say (after I choose the wifi car option), it says :
invalid key please check on your panel (translate from french ).

So I try to make a change from the settings and ask for a new key but then it gives me the same.
Also I have been running the eye-fi card from my computer and succeed to have more than 5 pictures .

What should I do ?
Cause I feel very bad ... I have a pro session on monday and count on your app !

Thanks !

Candice

tim
Site Admin

Re: Invalid key

Postby tim » Sat Nov 12, 2016 12:07 pm

Hi Candice
Which card do you have - the mobi Pro?
Which app tells you the key is invalid - wifibooth? If wifibooth, does it tell you this at the point where yoy type the key in, or later when some photos should be transferring?
Eyefi keys look like this (this is mine with one character changed): cfb52f4efc2148d68fb017ec03e26411
Please write a review for Wifibooth on the Apple App store! Indie developers like me really need people like you to review their apps. Instructions on how to write a review: http://goo.gl/w8NsDI.

candice

Postby candice » Sat Nov 12, 2016 1:30 pm

Hello !
So good to hear from you !
SOOO lost !

mobi pro eyefi the black one
your app tell me that I have to check my key, but i have my 32 numbers as you ask and it is write on the space I just valid .... but then they said check the number.

candice

Postby candice » Sat Nov 12, 2016 1:33 pm

mine is 26be44f9b32a718047601552c24461bi ;) (with one caracter change)

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Sat Nov 12, 2016 2:00 pm

Ok. Are you on mac or windows?
How did you get your key?
Can you please take a photo of you entering the key and the app saying it is invalid, uplod it to youtube, and post the link here?
Please write a review for Wifibooth on the Apple App store! Indie developers like me really need people like you to review their apps. Instructions on how to write a review: http://goo.gl/w8NsDI.

candice

Postby candice » Tue Nov 15, 2016 8:08 am

Hello,

I am on mac.
I get my key by pasting your code in the terminal and try it several times from different computer and I had the same code each time.
I can't upload any image here beacause the size is to big... could you please give me a mail cause as I said I need to find a way very fast :/
I don't know how to do it from youtube ...it's already very complicated if you can make it easier that would be gREAT !
And I'll buy your application when I'll be sure It work.

Thanks !

candice

Postby candice » Tue Nov 15, 2016 8:18 am

before everything I choose the wifi- from my card
First I have the screen :
to choose one of the 3 options :

I choose : the right one : eye-fi card

then the next screen :
I have my 32 numbers inside the box (in pink) so I click next

then :
the panel for the option I click OK

Then the screen with " start your caera..."
and a message box open with

VALID CLÉ EYE-FI
OPEN THE APPLICATION SETTINGS AND CHECK THE KEY (DE TELECHARGEMENT) FOR EYE-FI IS CORECT.

so i guess my key has a problem but i tried several times to make some change on the otpion from other computer and the key is always the same from all the terminal...

THANKS !!!

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Tue Nov 15, 2016 9:05 am

Hi Candice
OK. I apologize that you are having problems.
I have an idea for how to fix it, based on a hunch: my hunch is that at some point in time, there was another eye-fi card connected to your computer (not the one you are using now). Even if that's not true, this might still work: let's completely remove the eye-fi database from your computer and see if it will regenerate with the correct key.

First copy the offline.db file and send it to me (attach in private message or email me):
1. Open Finder
2. In the top bar, click the menu "Go"
3. In the Go menu, choose "Go to Folder..."
4. Copy/paste this into the dialog box (the first character is a tilde): ~/Library/Application\ Support/Eyefi/Eyefi\ Mobi/
5. You'll see the offline.db file. Copy that somewhere like your desktop, then send it to me

Next, REMOVE (uninstall) all Eye-Fi software. After you've removed all eye-fi software, check that this offline.db file has been erased. If it has not, make sure you erase it yourself (in Finder) before continuing.

Next, install the Eye-Fi software again, get your card to the point where it is transferring photos to your mac again.

Finally, follow the instructions again at https://wifibooth.com/article/eyefiuploadkey-mobipro/ to get your key. Is it a different key? I hope so!

candice

Postby candice » Tue Nov 15, 2016 9:36 am

I removed all the eye-fi software (computer and ipad).

But sorry :/ i don't understand how to find how to find in the folder the thing :/
I mean what should i put in the looking bar ?

Also I never used any eye-fi card before with this computer :/

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Tue Nov 15, 2016 9:39 am

OK. Open up Terminal, and paste this in:
cp ~/Library/Application\ Support/Eyefi/Eyefi\ Mobi/offline.db ~/Desktop/
What does it say when you do that? If it says nothing at all, then check your Desktop, is there now a file called offline.db there?

candice

Postby candice » Tue Nov 15, 2016 9:47 am

it says :
db: Permission denied
iMac-de-Candice:~ candicehenin$

candice

Postby candice » Tue Nov 15, 2016 9:49 am

When I look for a file call : offline.db it says :
no application is configured to open the file .

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Tue Nov 15, 2016 9:53 am

Ok. Try this instead in terminal- it will ask for your password

sudo cp ~/Library/Application\ Support/Eyefi/Eyefi\ Mobi/offline.db ~/Desktop/

candice

Postby candice » Tue Nov 15, 2016 10:16 am

dONE ;)
NOTHING MORE HAPPEN :/

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Tue Nov 15, 2016 10:31 am

OK. If that worked, then you have a file called offline.db in your Desktop. Please send that file to me!

Please now try to install all the eye-fi software again, and get the card working with your mac again (photos transferring wirelessly to your mac)

candice

Postby candice » Tue Nov 15, 2016 10:45 am

WHERE CAN I SEND YOU THE FILE ? WHICH MAIL ?

THANKS ;)

candice

Postby candice » Wed Nov 16, 2016 5:11 am

Hello,

I re-install the application and everything but it showing me the same code again after I paste it in the terminal and email it to have the link.

Thanks for your help !

Candice

Return to “Help: Cameras using EyeFi cards”