Ipad and eyefi issues

EyeFi cards only
Anthonyg91

Ipad and eyefi issues

Postby Anthonyg91 » Tue Mar 08, 2016 10:21 pm

Im trying to connect my ipad, printer and eyefi mobi pro to the same wifi network. No matter what I do it never connects, power off devices, kill apps, re-enter codes, re-enable on camera, nothing. Maybe what im trying to do isnt possible? Basically I want everything on one network, photos from nikon camera transfer to the ipad and from the ipad select template and print. The only way it does connect is if i select the eyefi connection in the ipad wifi setting, but then there;s no way to connect a printer. Obviously the app was built for it all to work together and its just not happening, was really excited to try this out and now im extremely hesitant in purchasing the full app when it doesnt even connect to begin with. Im sure its mostly user error but im out of ideas on what i could be doing wrong. Thanks in advance

tim
Site Admin

Re: Ipad and eyefi issues

Postby tim » Wed Mar 09, 2016 7:34 am

Hi Anthony
Please try the exact setup you want, but run the official eyefi app on the ipad. Does that work?

Anthonyg91

Postby Anthonyg91 » Wed Mar 09, 2016 6:45 pm

Yes Tim, the same set up works with the eyefi app

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Thu Mar 10, 2016 7:22 am

Hi Anthony
Ok great, if the eyefi app works on the ipad then it should be easy to fix.
Can you please confirm that your card is an eyefi mobi pro, and that you got your upload key from your computer and entered it in to wifibooth?
If so then please try powering the ipad completely off (hold power down), then powering it back on again. Sometimes the port used for eyefi doesnt get released properly by iOS

saj

Postby saj » Sun May 01, 2016 11:54 pm

Hi Tim

I am having the same issues as described by others. I have a wife I was on my iPad, the Eye-fi pro x2 card in my camera. Both the card and the iPad are connected to my home Wi-Fi network. Similar to the other users, I am able to transfer pictures from my camera to the eyefi app when direct mode is enabled, but I am not able to send pictures from the camera to the Photo Booth app.

I have closed the eye-fi app on my iPad and recycled the power twice so that it will release the port as you have mentioned. When I take pictures on my camera, and check the I five card to settings, it says it's connected and transferring data, but I'm not really sure where it's transferring it since I'm not seeing it anywhere. I'm not sure if that means it's transferring it to the eye-fi cloud storage? Does that need to be turned off?

Thanks for your help. I am excited to be able to use the app for my party, it looks like it will be great!

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Mon May 02, 2016 2:15 am

Hi saj, yes please turn off eyefi cloud on the card.

Return to “Help: Cameras using EyeFi cards”