Eyefi changed their app name to Keenai... is anyone able to connect now?

EyeFi cards only
andtechgroup

Eyefi changed their app name to Keenai... is anyone able to connect now?

Postby andtechgroup » Thu Dec 08, 2016 12:49 pm

We've bene trying to configure the EyeFi card to use with your app. We just purchased the small events package today thinking maybe we were stymied with the trial version.

I think this all has to do with Eye Fi changing the naming of their apps. To get the upload key, I had to modify the script you provided to reference the new folder on Mac OS.

Modified Script:

dbres=$(sqlite3 ~/Library/Application\ Support/Keenai/offline.db 'SELECT o_mac_address, o_upload_key FROM o_devices') && keys=(${dbres//$'\n'/ }) && for keyandmac in "${keys[@]}"; do mobimac=${keyandmac:0:17}; mobikey=${keyandmac:18}; ssurl="wifibooth://setEyeFiKey/${mobimac}/${mobikey}"; open mailto:?body=$ssurl; done;

We did successfully get the key, but we can't get the iPad running WiFi booth to connect to the Canon camera with the Eyefi card!!!

Has anyone been able to connect after the app name changes by Eyefi?

tim
Site Admin

Re: Eyefi changed their app name to Keenai... is anyone able to connect now?

Postby tim » Thu Dec 08, 2016 1:40 pm

Sorry it's not working for you, and thank you very much for the updated script. I didn't see the Keenai announcement until now -- I will go test out the new app versions.

In the meantime, I have written a new EyeFi help guide (just published it now, as a result of your request).
Can you please go through it carefully, step-by-step, and let me know if it helps you?
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=362
Please write a review for Wifibooth on the Apple App store! Indie developers like me really need people like you to review their apps. Instructions on how to write a review: http://goo.gl/w8NsDI.

tim
Site Admin

Re: Eyefi changed their app name to Keenai... is anyone able to connect now?

Postby tim » Thu Dec 08, 2016 2:31 pm

... a further update: I updated my software from EyeFi to Keenai with the card inserted, then tested everything -- it all works fine.
So please use that guide I posted and hopefully that'll sort it out.
Please write a review for Wifibooth on the Apple App store! Indie developers like me really need people like you to review their apps. Instructions on how to write a review: http://goo.gl/w8NsDI.

Return to “Help: Cameras using EyeFi cards”