Upload key for Mac

EyeFi cards only
twentythree

Upload key for Mac

Postby twentythree » Mon Feb 06, 2017 10:46 pm

Hello,

I'm at a loss on how to get my Upload Key for a Mac. I've copied files from the card to my Mac successfully using the Keenai application. When I copy and paste the terminal code to send an email ... nothing happens. I don't get a terminal error, and no email ever gets sent. So I have no idea how to proceed from here. I've tried everything I can think of and read other threads and still can't get an email with the Upload Key in it.

Please help!

tim
Site Admin

Re: Upload key for Mac

Postby tim » Mon Feb 06, 2017 10:50 pm

Can you please take a screenshot (or photo with your phone) of what the terminal looks like after you run the command (so, showing the command and the result), and post it here
Please write a review for Wifibooth on the Apple App store! Indie developers like me really need people like you to review their apps. Instructions on how to write a review: http://goo.gl/w8NsDI.

twentythree

Postby twentythree » Mon Feb 06, 2017 11:01 pm

Sure, I copied the terminal code directly from the wiFi booth site

here's the screenshot attached
screenshot.png

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Mon Feb 06, 2017 11:18 pm

This means that your offline.db has no keys in it.
Did you already disable keenai cloud to make sure the photos arent going via the internet?
Here is something you can try: get the photos to go from camera to computer (keenai software) without any internet, ie unplug your cablemodem or whatever. Maybe that will force the key to be generated.
Please write a review for Wifibooth on the Apple App store! Indie developers like me really need people like you to review their apps. Instructions on how to write a review: http://goo.gl/w8NsDI.

twentythree

Postby twentythree » Mon Feb 06, 2017 11:57 pm

I went ahead and cancelled my Keenai cloud account just to be on the safe side (since I never intend to use that service anyway). The files are copying directly from the wifi card to the computer from what I can tell.

And for the router, I'm assuming just forgetting the network on your computer will have the same effect correct? I tried that and still no luck.

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Tue Feb 07, 2017 7:49 am

Ok I am not sure what causes Keenai to actually write the key to offline.db but basically id make sure you quit the keenai software, restart it, insert the card into computer, and change some settings on the card (ie add new network to the card). Mess around and eventually it should add the key

twentythree

Postby twentythree » Tue Feb 07, 2017 9:22 pm

I finally got the upload key. Just in case anyone else stumbles upon this these are the steps I took:

- Uninstalled Keenai desktop app and reinstalled it
- Never signed into the Keenai cloud account
- Inserted my EyeFi card into the SD card slot on the computer and removed my saved network from it
- Transferred a few photos via the EyeFi cards built in network directly to my pc

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Tue Feb 07, 2017 10:51 pm

Well done! Glad you persevered :)

Return to “Help: Cameras using EyeFi cards”