Eye-Fi Upload Key from iOS

EyeFi cards only
sayasigns

Eye-Fi Upload Key from iOS

Postby sayasigns » Wed Oct 18, 2017 5:15 pm

This is a complete hail mary, but I don't want to give up on bringing my Eye-Fi Pro X2 card back to life just yet.

I have an Eye-Fi Pro X2 SD card and didn't do my due diligence when I found out they were going to be bricked. I've learned that the Upload Key is the key to getting it to work with third party apps, but unfortunately, the settings.xml file on my computer did not have a card registered. (Don't think I'd ever uploaded using EyeFi to this computer.)

I am now an Android user, but my previous iPhone still has the Eye-Fi app and is able to interface with the Eye-Fi card, has the card's WiFi network profile saved, is able to receive uploads, etc.

Is there any way to get the Upload Key from the Eye-Fi app or from system files on the iPhone? Feels like I'm so close to making this work and yet...!

Thanks for your help. The way Eye-Fi went about removing support is extremely frustrating.

tim
Site Admin

Re: Eye-Fi Upload Key from iOS

Postby tim » Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:06 pm

Sorry I don't think it's possible.
I don't even think you can install the X2 Utility anymore - it requires some activation that doesn't exist (server is down forever)
Please write a review for Wifibooth on the Apple App store! Indie developers like me really need people like you to review their apps. Instructions on how to write a review: http://goo.gl/w8NsDI.

Return to “Help: Cameras using EyeFi cards”