Toshiba FlashAir W-04 with Eye-Fi and Wifibooth?

EyeFi cards only
kuhrios

Toshiba FlashAir W-04 with Eye-Fi and Wifibooth?

Postby kuhrios » Sat Nov 18, 2017 4:21 pm

Hi folks,

I have a Canon 550D with a Toshiba FlashAir W-04 SD card at home.
The Toshiba FlashAir app allows to activate a so called "Eyefi Connected" setup. After activation my Canon 550D shows the menu point "Eye-Fi Setup" in the camera menu, providing connection details as SSID, MAC-Address, Eye-Fi Firmware Version F15DBW3BW4.00.00
So I belive, I have a working Eye-Fi network, my camera can use.
My iPad with the Wifibooth app can connect to the camera wifi, provided by the W-04 SD card but I cannot connect neither via "Camera with Wifi" nor "EYE-FI" in the app. If I try "EYE-FI" I need a 32-diget long upload code I don't have.

Does anybody use the FlashAir SD card and can use the Wifibooth app?
And can I create the 32-digit upload code with my W-04 card?

I would like to build my own photobooth using my DSLR for taking photos and the Wifibooth for the picture selection etc.

Looking forward to any reply :-)

Thanks a lot
Kuhrios

tim
Site Admin

Re: Toshiba FlashAir W-04 with Eye-Fi and Wifibooth?

Postby tim » Sat Nov 18, 2017 6:13 pm

Sorry only eyefi wifi SD cards are supported.
Please write a review for Wifibooth on the Apple App store! Indie developers like me really need people like you to review their apps. Instructions on how to write a review: http://goo.gl/w8NsDI.

kuhrios

Postby kuhrios » Sun Nov 19, 2017 7:55 am

Thank you for the quick response, Tim!
Best
Kuhrios

jayce103

Postby jayce103 » Mon Mar 12, 2018 10:15 am

Hi Tim,

Will there support for the Toshiba cards? For some reason the Eye-Fi cards are not stocked by UK photo companies and the Eye-Fi website has gone quite with the last entry stating support for Toshiba.

Wonder if this is going to happen with this app as it looks promising for my needs.

Jayce.

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Mon Mar 12, 2018 10:29 am

Sorry, no - no additional wifi cards are going to be supported, and support for EyeFi will be removed eventually. Wifi cards are a thing of the past -- all new cameras have had wifi included for some years now. Eventually all working cameras on the planet will have wifi... it isn't a good investment of my time to support all of the cards out there.

That said, I realize there are still a lot of old cameras out there that don't have wifi. I'm considering adding support for CamFi, which is a system designed for adding wifi to older cameras and actually has reasonable developer support (eyefi has none/zero/zilch)
Please write a review for Wifibooth on the Apple App store! Indie developers like me really need people like you to review their apps. Instructions on how to write a review: http://goo.gl/w8NsDI.

jayce103

Postby jayce103 » Mon Mar 12, 2018 10:35 am

I here you on the card thing. At present I use cards to connect to an infrastructure network which allows me to network all my devices (camera, viewing screens, hub and printer). I am hoping that Sony will release a camera that connects to an existing network (they may well do as I am just about to swap over from Fuji) but until then I only have the Toshiba card option which I use with another app.

Jayce

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Mon Mar 12, 2018 11:03 am

Yeah, I hear you. Canon wifi supports infrastructure mode, so that's an option. But if you like mirrorless for the compactness and live-view speed, then it's tough. Panasonic cameras also support infrastructure mode but it isn't fully supported with wifibooth -- I tested a few and they worked well, but you'd basically have to go to a store with an ipad and check the specific panasonic to see if it works well with wifibooth.

CamFi might be something I should build soon...

Return to “Help: Cameras using EyeFi cards”