EyeFi Activation Code Keenai

EyeFi cards only
adirpm

EyeFi Activation Code Keenai

Postby adirpm » Thu Nov 30, 2017 4:26 pm

Hey there,
unfortunately I didnt know that Eyefi Cards are no longer supported. I bought one from Ebay because I want to use my old 450D for the Wifibooth. However, I cant get the activation key.
The original EyeFi app doesnt work anymore and Keenai doesnt create an upload key. Is there a way to use it, or did I buy crap? :D
I really hope I can find the key because I'd rather like to use Wifibooth than Shuttersnitch for the Booth.

Thanks a lot for your help.
Regards, Adrian

tim
Site Admin

Re: EyeFi Activation Code Keenai

Postby tim » Thu Nov 30, 2017 4:31 pm

Hi Adrian
Yeah i'm sorry, I'm afraid i'm no longer actively supporting the eyefi part of wifibooth, because the EyeFi Company has made absolutely impossible to do so. At the beginning it was just them refusing me the same API access that shuttersnitch has (does that still work btw?!), and then they even stopped supporting their own software. Which blows me away.

I thought Keenai (if you get it working) produces an offline.db file that you can get the key from?
Otherwise I'm afraid there's just nothing I can do to help you (at least, that i'm aware of now) :(
Please write a review for Wifibooth on the Apple App store! Indie developers like me really need people like you to review their apps. Instructions on how to write a review: http://goo.gl/w8NsDI.

adirpm

Re: EyeFi Activation Code Keenai

Postby adirpm » Thu Nov 30, 2017 4:41 pm

Alright thank you!
But it seems like it doesnt create the file on Windows 10. I did find a log file and there is stuff like this:
2017-11-30 21:59:37.5573 [INFO ] Receiving file '9b741d3edae9af24922d765e7a1cc084'
I was happy because it has 32 digits haha, but it changes with every file recieved. So I think it is not the one.

Really nice app though! I'm sad that I cant use it with my 450D. It works fine with the 70D.. But that is my backup camera for weddings.

Return to “Help: Cameras using EyeFi cards”