Is a CF -> SD on 7D (not Mark II) supported ?

EyeFi cards only
calzone

Re: Is a CF -> SD on 7D (not Mark II) supported ?

Postby calzone » Sat Mar 03, 2018 6:27 pm

Thank you Tim, I installed and tested the beta.

The beep timing is definitely improved. The very first one was slightly off but thereafter all tests were fine.

Much appreciated!

—— EDIT ——

Upon further experimentation, I noticed the beep for the 3 is always late, but 2 and 1 are fine.

—— EDIT 2 ——

I increased the timer to 6 seconds and now 6 is late and the rest are fine.

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Sat Mar 03, 2018 7:02 pm

Hmm you mean the very first beep? That is kinda by design: the first number is displayed for an extra moment (0.8s if memory serves), to give people a bit more time to realize “oh it is going to take a photo!” -> specifically the SECOND photo because often people dont realize it takes more than one photo in a row. The beep comes later to make sure that the distance between beeps is always 1s. It sounds weird otherwise
Please write a review for Wifibooth on the Apple App store! Indie developers like me really need people like you to review their apps. Instructions on how to write a review: http://goo.gl/w8NsDI.

calzone

Postby calzone » Sat Mar 03, 2018 7:30 pm

My colleague agrees that having a delay on the first beep is beneficial.

I don't get it at all. It throws me off. If it were up to me, I'd prefer a "get ready!" for 2 seconds with a progress circle followed by the actual countdown, beep and numbers perfectly synced.

But he agrees with your implementation so I'm in the minority on this one!

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Sat Mar 03, 2018 7:38 pm

Ha, I appreciate your honesty :)
Try it out at a few events, i'm sure you'll have other feedback for me.
Please write a review for Wifibooth on the Apple App store! Indie developers like me really need people like you to review their apps. Instructions on how to write a review: http://goo.gl/w8NsDI.

Return to “Help: Cameras using EyeFi cards”