iPad front camera mirroring

Want something changed, or have a great idea you want to share?
xandy0414

iPad front camera mirroring

Postby xandy0414 » Mon Aug 15, 2016 11:59 pm

I used wifi booth at my wedding last week. I am using just the iPad front camera and a selfie photo printer to let the guest DIY. What most guest found is that the iPad front camera when taking picture, the displayed video feed is NOT mirrored and having difficulties to get all heads into the frame.

tim
Site Admin

Re: iPad front camera mirroring

Postby tim » Tue Aug 16, 2016 9:25 am

Thanks, I never noticed this! You're right, i'll fix it.

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Thu Aug 18, 2016 5:05 pm

Hi a quick update, this was fixed in today's update of WiFi Booth 3.0. Thanks for reporting it.

petroutsos

Postby petroutsos » Mon Aug 22, 2016 12:28 pm

hi this fine LiveView use the camera, I use the canon 6d to see you ipad while shooting, would it be possible that once made the picture not the LiveView take off? It is that the camera is not in every shot opening and closing the LiveView.

greetings and thanks for your work.

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Mon Aug 22, 2016 12:44 pm

Hi petroutsos,
The reason that the app does not leave the camera live view on all the time is that this would use up the camera's battery much faster.

May i ask, why you would like live view to stay on? Is it because you want the camera to be faster? (I know the 6D is slower to enter/exit live view mode)

Also in case you want to, you can disable live view in the settings. That speeds up the 6D a lot.

petroutsos

Postby petroutsos » Mon Aug 22, 2016 1:52 pm

Hi Tim, thanks for the quick response,
the idea is that people will take the photo look during the process and not just at the end when it has made the picture, using the reflex camera as taker of the photo and not the ipad. Not if you could use the front camera ipad for this and also look as a mirror at all times of the process.

Greetings again.

johnsbs

Postby johnsbs » Sat Aug 27, 2016 11:22 am

I agree with petroutsos that it would be nice to be able to leave the iPad front camera mirroring on for DIY weddings. The guests would then know where to stand and tilt the camera to frame the shot and make sure everyone fits in the frame prior to pressing the shutter button. I plan to leave my iPad plugged in during the wedding.
Regards,
Bob

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Sat Aug 27, 2016 1:24 pm

The issue with this is that it is not clear when to stop showing the video, so that people can pick images to make collages, print, etc. Also, in some configurations people use the wifibooth with two separate groups of people - one on the camera, the other (who already finished with the camera) on the ipad. Leaving live view on would break this.

Best is if you put some tape on the ground at the edges to show people where the edges of the photo will be.

johnsbs

Postby johnsbs » Fri Sep 09, 2016 9:56 pm

Could it be an option to leave live view on for those with just an iPad and a selfie Print camera with no wifi? Options are a good thing. :) Those that don't want it can leave it off.
Thanks again for your responsiveness to customer wishes.
Bob Johns

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Fri Sep 09, 2016 10:06 pm

Hi Bob, not being obtuse, but i don't understand: when & how would live view get turned off, so that people can make collages, print, email etc?

johnsbs

Postby johnsbs » Thu Sep 15, 2016 9:20 pm

Tim, I now understand your point. I am not technical, so only you can say if this is possible. I would have an option to leave the ipad in live view. If that were selected I would leave live view on with a superimposed small icon that would have text under it to say something like "if you would like to take a picture, press your remote control. I would have a second icon next to it that says, if you would like to print a picture or collage, touch the screen here. Just a thought. No idea if iPad can have liveview showing with your software superimposing touch screen ability. guessing not easy now that I have thought about it.
Regards,
Bob

johnsbs

Postby johnsbs » Sat Oct 01, 2016 12:57 pm

Tim, good point. I don't know if it is too complicated to make a window in a window. Part of the screen could have live view and the other part could have two buttons. 1) Touch here to take photo 2) Touch here to close live view.

ThePhotographer

Postby ThePhotographer » Fri Oct 21, 2016 7:31 am

Hi Tim,

I've got a problem with the mirroring. :?:

The Wifibooth does not mirror my photos automatically.

Is there a "switch" for that?

I'm using the newest version on iOS 10.

Greetings :)

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Fri Oct 21, 2016 10:38 am

Hi ThePhotographer,
Which iPad? Any chance it's a brand-new iPad Pro 9.7"?
thanks
-tim

ThePhotographer

Postby ThePhotographer » Wed Oct 26, 2016 5:50 am

Hey Tim,

It is an iPad Air 2. gen.

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Wed Oct 26, 2016 11:00 am

OK I will look into this, thanks!
Please write a review for Wifibooth on the Apple App store! Indie developers like me really need people like you to review their apps. Instructions on how to write a review: http://goo.gl/w8NsDI.

ThePhotographer

Postby ThePhotographer » Thu Nov 03, 2016 10:22 am

Hi Tim,

is there any possibility for an update?

Maybe contemporary ? :) I've got an event at the end of this month.

Thanks alot for the support.

:D

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Thu Nov 03, 2016 11:56 am

Hi thePhotographer
Yes the update is already in review with apple right now. But i still need to do testing before ican release it. Can you please PM me yur email and i will send you the updated version to test.
Thanks
Please write a review for Wifibooth on the Apple App store! Indie developers like me really need people like you to review their apps. Instructions on how to write a review: http://goo.gl/w8NsDI.

Return to “Suggestions & Ideas”