Upload from other devices

Want something changed, or have a great idea you want to share?
Milloy

Upload from other devices

Postby Milloy » Sun Aug 12, 2018 8:26 am

Hi, just wondering if it is possible for photos to be taken on other devices iPhones and androids (not used as a remote trigger for the iPad) or even uploaded from their personal photoshop their phones, may have even been taken earlier in the day. Then uploaded to the gallery on the iPad? Even if they had to install the app. Like an additional dual input from either the iPad camera/external camera/eye-fi card. That way the iPad can then be used like a kiosk enabling you to have a copy of photos guests have taken that they wanted to share plus print them while still at the function.
Looks like a great app you have made, I came across your app just wanting the ability to upload to Facebook while at our wedding in November this year. I created my own foot pedal to control my camera with a live 24” computer monitor so gusts can see themselves, waiting on a wireless sd card to see how it goes with that so I can still use that with your app. That way I can use it just for uploading and printing photos.

Cheers
Chris

tim
Site Admin

Re: Upload from other devices

Postby tim » Sun Aug 12, 2018 11:24 am

Hi chris,
Right now the best way to do that is twitter: set the twitter hashtag to your event’s hashtag, ie #chrisSue2018
Guests can then tweet their own photos with #chrisSue2018, and on the gallery page of wifibooth they can add photos that were tweeted with this hashtag. Note that this requires the ipad to have internet access
Please write a review for Wifibooth on the Apple App store! Indie developers like me really need people like you to review their apps. Instructions on how to write a review: http://goo.gl/w8NsDI.

Milloy

Postby Milloy » Sun Aug 12, 2018 8:14 pm

Hi, thanks for that, that works great.
Two other questions
Can the collages be set so you only have to select 1 picture not a minimum of 2? This way if someone only wanted to upload just 1 photo to Facebook or print just 1 photo they could?
Can there ce an option when you create a collage that you can put ticks next to either or both upload to Facebook and or print? As I have noticed when you have a printer added it has to print to upload to Facebook and I don’t want to have to have someone turning the printer setting on and off.
Cheers
Chris

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:17 am

For uploading single photos to facebook, there are two options:
1) turn on "upload ALL photos" on the facebook settings page, so that individual photos will get uploaded when they are taken
2) or, set number of photos taken to 1, turn on autopilot to full, and then when taking photos the "collage" will be a single photo and it'll get auto-uploaded/printed by autopilot

Re "it has to print to upload to Facebook and I don’t want to have to have someone turning the printer setting on and off", I think you a referring to the fact that collages don't get uploaded unless an action is taken upon them, like when the user selects to email, or printing etc...? The reason for that is that the user would have a chance to realize they don't want this collage, go back and make another one... are you finding that a lot of people want to upload a collage to facebook but not print it out?
Please write a review for Wifibooth on the Apple App store! Indie developers like me really need people like you to review their apps. Instructions on how to write a review: http://goo.gl/w8NsDI.

Milloy

Postby Milloy » Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:47 am

Hi Tim,
1) I was going to use the “upload all photos” option untill i read your point on another post about some photos might not be aporopriate for social media, so i thought if they could put it into a 1 photo (or many photo) collage and upload that manually that would be a good result.
2) im not taking about when you are taking the photos, i am meaning after that point and you go and create a collage, it requires you to have 2 or more photos in a collage before you upload or print. As i will be using eye-fi i wont have the camera option as to how many photos i want the camera to take etc.

I’m hoping more photos will be uploaded to social media then what will be printed so the option to upload to put possable multiple ticks with what you want to happen with your created collage eg upload, print etc would be good, you could still go back and change your selected images at this point

Milloy

Postby Milloy » Sun Aug 26, 2018 6:58 am

Hi Tim,
Can you change it so with the upload to Facebook you can upload all photos without having the option on for uploading collages also?

So I can run a second iOS device can it also be an option for all photos (only see collages can) to upload to Twitter just like Facebook has? By doing this on another iPad I can use it to download the photos and they can print and create collages from this device leavin*the other to just take photos.
It would be awesome if just this Twitter change could be made by my wedding in November as I would like to think that to be a relatively easy add on.

If the Wifibooth account could sync your photos across devices that were all logged in with the same account that would be great as then I wouldn’t need the upload all photos to Twitter option but that will work in the interim. You can the bring in an option to have another device cycle these photos on loop adding in new ones, which I could do screen mirroring via Apple TV to a tv to display the images at the event.

The iOS device I have connected to my canon camera is an iPhone which is then showing a live view to a 22 inch screen done by mirroring to an Apple TV, I then found a remote shutter that pairs with the phone that came with a selfie stick can start the timer for the images to be taken. That’s why I want the images to go to the iPad (via Twitter) so my guests can print etc.

Cheers
Chris

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Mon Aug 27, 2018 10:59 pm

Hi Chris
There are no plans to change how facebook / twitter uploads are handled.
There ARE plans to solve the "get it on the TV" problem.
Let's figure out some way to fix this for you... I have 2 questions to start:
1. Why are you connecting your iPhone to the camera instead of your iPad?
2. What wifi connection are you using with your camera: is your Canon making an outbound connection to a router (or personal hotspot?) -- if so which? Or, are you connecting directly to the camera? ... or are you using eye-fi?

Milloy

Postby Milloy » Mon Aug 27, 2018 11:45 pm

Hi Tim,
After my eye-fi card arrived I found it wasn't compatible with my Canon M5 so that put an end to that idea as that's how I was going to get pictures to my ipad, the ipad would have been away from the camera this way.

I then thought if I could use an iPhone to sit there that no one needs to touch, that would run like a full photo booth as I am putting the live view back onto a decent size 22 inch screen and an iPhone has an aspect ratio to fill the screen where an ipad doesn't. If this uploaded all photos to twitter like the facebook option does, I would then be able to use the ipad to pull the photos down from twitter so my wedding guests can create a collage and print on the ipad, then that gets people away from the open air booth and standing inches from my camera which is on a tripod which worries me as they could trip on the legs of the tripod or knock the camera after a few drinks if they have to stand there using the ipad. Having the iPad and printer in a different location to this would make me a lot happier. Being my wedding the last thing I want to be doing is keeping an eye on it or have friends or family have a job for the night. If all photos to twitter could be added as an option I would then buy your app. its only an option to turn on or off not forced either way, I would be happy to pay the development cost for this.
so.. Why are you connecting your iPhone to the camera instead of your iPad - I want people to use the ipad as a Kiosk away from the camera.

What wifi connection are you using with your camera -
I am using a router that my camera, iphone, ipad, apple tv and printer all connect to.
As far as "get it to a TV" I have found an app called LiveFrame which rotates photos from online and adds to as more photos are uploaded.
I have contacted them and they have added to their development list to add it so it can cycle twitter hash tags.

Cheers
Chris

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Tue Aug 28, 2018 8:41 am

OK I added a setting to upload all photos to Twitter (excluding GIFs for now). This includes collages as well.
I'll invite you to the beta to try this out (via your email address you registered with the forum)

Milloy

Postby Milloy » Tue Aug 28, 2018 9:29 am

That would be awesome Tim, thank you!

The only other thing is if you could turn the “upload and share all photos” without having to have “upload and share collages” turned on for Facebook and Twitter when you add it.

I look forward to receiving the email and trialing it and letting you know how it goes.

Thanks again Tim.
Cheers

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Wed Aug 29, 2018 1:21 am

email sent.

Milloy

Postby Milloy » Wed Aug 29, 2018 1:50 am

Hi Tim, that works great!
How long until it would be available in the App Store do you think? I have tested it on my iPad but it would be great to install it on my phone (says I would need a new code as I used it on my iPad) that I will connect to my canon camera/22” screen to test.

Thank you. Awesome!

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Wed Aug 29, 2018 9:22 am

Fantastic.
Probably in the app store by weekend. Definitely within a week

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Thu Aug 30, 2018 3:40 pm

Wifibooth 4.4.8 was released to the app store today. It contains the fixes we talked about earlier in this thread. If you installed the beta, then please be sure to upgrade from the beta version to the App Store version. You can do this by going to the app store, finding Wifibooth, and installing it over top of the beta version. You don't need to erase the app.

Return to “Suggestions & Ideas”