Custom user interface

Want something changed, or have a great idea you want to share?
jinn

Custom user interface

Postby jinn » Sat Oct 27, 2018 1:40 pm

Hi Tim,

Just wondering if the user interface is customizable to suit every event theme? For example, if I have a particular event and my client would like to display their logo at the beginning if the app instead of wifibooth. Is that possible?

tim
Site Admin

Re: Custom user interface

Postby tim » Sat Oct 27, 2018 5:06 pm

Some things are possible. For example you can put a logo over the live view of the home screen. The app is free to try with all features so just download it and see if it does what you need.
Please write a review for Wifibooth on the Apple App store! Indie developers like me really need people like you to review their apps. Instructions on how to write a review: http://goo.gl/w8NsDI.

jinn

Postby jinn » Sun Oct 28, 2018 9:37 pm

Thanks Tim. Will download it and try it out.

jinn

Postby jinn » Tue Oct 30, 2018 2:53 am

Hi Tim,

I will be using a DSLR + Ipad + Hiti P510l. Can I have a suggestion how to convert my Hiti printer to wireless and how to connect all of them wirelessly? Thanks in advance.

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Tue Oct 30, 2018 9:57 am

Hi Jinn you will need some software on a computer to make the hiti printable via airprint. I have heard good things about printopia
Please write a review for Wifibooth on the Apple App store! Indie developers like me really need people like you to review their apps. Instructions on how to write a review: http://goo.gl/w8NsDI.

jinn

Postby jinn » Tue Oct 30, 2018 1:13 pm

hi tim,

does that mean i still need a pc all the time?

if not, what software do i need?

because my printer is not wireless featured, how do i get the printer to have wireless feature?

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Tue Oct 30, 2018 2:15 pm

Wifibooth supports the following printers:
- printers that are AirPrint compatible
- printers that are shared by a DNP WPS unit (ie. DNP printers)
- printers that support printing via FTP (of JPGs)
Please contact your printer manufacturer to find out which route is easiest for you.
Printopia is not officially supported - it is software that would run on a computer and can share printers to make them airprint-compatible.

jinn

Postby jinn » Wed Oct 31, 2018 6:29 am

Thanks Tim.

appreciate it a lot. i got it to work wirelessly now.

any suggestion on the DSLR? i mean there are tonnes of options in the market. i cant make up my mind now.

jinn

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Wed Oct 31, 2018 11:04 am

Great - how did you get the hiti printer working wirelessly, what was the trick?
Re camera you can search a bit on this forum, i've posted a few times about it, but: I would prioritize the cameras that can make outgoing wifi connections (infrastructure wifi mode support), so that they can connect to a router. Otherwise you'll have trouble connecting your iPad to the printer and camera at the same time. The two brands that support that are Canon and Panasonic. Canon DSLRs like the 77D, 80D are the range to look at. Panasonics you have to try the individual models - the image quality might be a bit poorer than Canon but the liveview will be much better and for photobooth photos you don't need the absolute best image quality.

aluminumwelder

Postby aluminumwelder » Mon Nov 05, 2018 9:44 am

canon T6 would probably be best value
if you are using a very small photo booth enclosure then the canon m3 , m5, m6, m50 would work. m5o is the best since it cacn work with pc's as well as ipads.

canon estore sells refurbished cameras for very good prices.

jinn

Postby jinn » Tue Nov 06, 2018 8:52 am

Hey all,

Thanks for all the input. Was tied up lately. Sorry for the late reply.

Anyway, I use a cheap tablet that runs windows10 to connect to my hiti printer. In that tablet I have the hiti driver and airprint software. And voila, hiti is now airprint capable. Lol

Jinn

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Tue Nov 06, 2018 2:29 pm

Hey Jinn,
That's great! In case anyone else wants to do the same, what software did you use on the win10 tablet?

aluminumwelder

Postby aluminumwelder » Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:13 am

Return to “Suggestions & Ideas”