guest types in facebook credentials

Want something changed, or have a great idea you want to share?
darkop

guest types in facebook credentials

Postby darkop » Wed Nov 14, 2018 7:58 pm

Hi Tim,

The updated site looks great! Congrats!

Is there anything coming where the guest can tap on facebook icon, AFTER the photo(s) have been taken. Then they type in their username and password for facebook and the photo gets uploaded directly to there facebook page?

tim
Site Admin

Re: guest types in facebook credentials

Postby tim » Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:32 pm

Thanks!

Unfortunately no, apps are not allowed by Facebook to do that. You can configure Wifibooth to automatically upload images or collages to facebook, and then guests can simply get the URL from the gallery screen (you can scan the QR code with the native iOS / Android camera app and it'll suggest the link out of the QR code to you, which is the link to the facebook album)
What might come in a later update is the ability to turn off automatic facebook uploads, and have the guest choose to send the image to facebook. Our German brethren need this, as they are prohibited from automatic uploads to facebook...
Please write a review for Wifibooth on the Apple App store! Indie developers like me really need people like you to review their apps. Instructions on how to write a review: http://goo.gl/w8NsDI.

darkop

Postby darkop » Wed Nov 14, 2018 11:29 pm

ahhh gotchya. Thanks for the quick response.

Last question, are you considering making a separate app that just has the photos that are being taken so the guest can edit and email possibly print if enabled. I find some guests just hold up the line trying to email and edit pictures. Currently I have my camera and light on one tripod and the iPad below it on a separate tripod. I’m looking to keep an iPad to the side just for guests to edit and send. Would be functional and cool.

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Thu Nov 15, 2018 9:21 am

Yes, a multi-device setup is on my brain! The two-iPad solution requires a great network though - no crummy wifi hotspots 50m away are gonna be able to handle the data so i'm a bit worried that people will get confused by the additional complexity or hung up / stuck on bad wifi...
It's a ton of work and there's a lot of important stuff before that but it is on my brain
Please write a review for Wifibooth on the Apple App store! Indie developers like me really need people like you to review their apps. Instructions on how to write a review: http://goo.gl/w8NsDI.

darkop

Postby darkop » Thu Nov 15, 2018 9:28 am

who uses cell phone hotspots any more for business use? kids and they're crazy network ideas lol
2 things people need for every booth, portable modem router, and a proper AC router. can't cheap out.

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Thu Nov 15, 2018 9:39 am

I wish more people saw it that way ;)

Return to “Suggestions & Ideas”