Hardwire DSLR to Ipad option (FEBON iCAPTURE)

Want something changed, or have a great idea you want to share?
937dytboi

Hardwire DSLR to Ipad option (FEBON iCAPTURE)

Postby 937dytboi » Sun Nov 18, 2018 6:50 pm

It would be nice to hardwire the DSLR and Ipad together for better fluid live view, it seems that more things connected wifi and bluetooth seems to give issues when in heavy wifi bluetooth areas. I found FEBON iCAPTURE card for iPhone (iOS) use with live streaming and iPad as tv monitor as an option but it would be nice if we had that option on connecting the DSLR to ipad instead of wifi.

tim
Site Admin

Re: Hardwire DSLR to Ipad option (FEBON iCAPTURE)

Postby tim » Mon Nov 19, 2018 7:26 am

Yes, I wish I could offer this. Currently this is not possible, because of Apple's limitations. I am hoping that with the introduction of the USB-C port on the new iPad Pros that Apple will change their minds and open things up, but don't hold your breath.
The FEBON card is only doing video-feed capture. It cannot "control" that camera, or issue any commands to it...
Please write a review for Wifibooth on the Apple App store! Indie developers like me really need people like you to review their apps. Instructions on how to write a review: http://goo.gl/w8NsDI.

aluminumwelder

Postby aluminumwelder » Sat Nov 24, 2018 8:14 am

http://help.getsnappic.com/hardware/dslr-support

this app uses manfrotto digital director to do it. It seems to have good feedback. but the app is over $1000 a year, so very expensive.

brianBrian

Postby brianBrian » Sat Nov 24, 2018 2:09 pm

Just registered today 11-24 and am unable to post a new topic so I'm going to post here, sorry for that but I'm in complete panic mode as my event is tonight and the app is not allowing me to Restore from a Previous purchase. The error occurs when I try to "RESTORE MY PURCHASE" in the app. When I tap that button, a screen pops up that says, Purchase could not be restored, No previous purchase could be restored. Please verify that you are using the same Apple ID to restore the purchase, that you used when you made the purchase. OK.

I went through my purchases in the app store and verified that the correct ID is being used on my device that was used when I purchased it. I tried things like deleting wifibooth and reinstalling it, restarting the ipad, logging out and back into the app store. Still the same error occurs.

Thanks!

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Sat Nov 24, 2018 2:17 pm

Hi brian
What are you trying to restore- pro or something else?
Do you still have access to the device it was purchased on - does that show purchased in wifibooth?
Please write a review for Wifibooth on the Apple App store! Indie developers like me really need people like you to review their apps. Instructions on how to write a review: http://goo.gl/w8NsDI.

brianBrian

Postby brianBrian » Sat Nov 24, 2018 2:34 pm

Ah yes it does show purchased in the Small Events tab. I was overthinking this in panic mode and missed that. I figured the Restore purchase would grey out if I already purchased. Anyway, it looks like text and logo overlay is only in the Pro version?

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Sat Nov 24, 2018 4:55 pm

Logos and branding are pro features yes.
Luckily though the first year of pro is discounted by the same price as the small events package, if you bought the small events package :)

Return to “Suggestions & Ideas”