wifibooth does not show up in app store unless ios12 on device

Want something changed, or have a great idea you want to share?
aluminumwelder

wifibooth does not show up in app store unless ios12 on device

Postby aluminumwelder » Thu Dec 27, 2018 3:02 pm

wifibooth does not show up in app store unless ios12 is on the device, a lot of people still have ios 11.xx installed. seems like this situation is bad for marketing.

tim
Site Admin

Re: wifibooth does not show up in app store unless ios12 on device

Postby tim » Thu Dec 27, 2018 7:24 pm

If the device already had wifibooth you can get it from purchased tab. Otherwise upgrade from ios 11 to 12: all devices that can run ios 11 can also run ios 12, and 12 is faster even on older devices.

I don’t have the engineering time required to test the many different ipads with different cameras and vary the ios version too. It isn’t about marketing.
Please write a review for Wifibooth on the Apple App store! Indie developers like me really need people like you to review their apps. Instructions on how to write a review: http://goo.gl/w8NsDI.

aluminumwelder

Postby aluminumwelder » Thu Dec 27, 2018 10:05 pm

I was just telling someone they shoud buy it and they told me it wasn't on the app store. that's all. people do not know they need to upgrade thus will not buy your app.

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Thu Dec 27, 2018 10:42 pm

That isn’t what should happen, or what i see with ios 9 right now. If you have ios <12 you should still see it in the store, see the download button, but get an error when you hit download (“this app isn’t compatible with your device”).

So, which appstore do you mean? USA?
Could you please get them to try going to wifibooth.com on their ipad and hitting “try for free” — that links to app store directly.
Please write a review for Wifibooth on the Apple App store! Indie developers like me really need people like you to review their apps. Instructions on how to write a review: http://goo.gl/w8NsDI.

aluminumwelder

Postby aluminumwelder » Thu Dec 27, 2018 11:21 pm

yes USA app store does not show your app on ios 11 ipads. I have seen the upgrade notification In the past, but that is not the current situation. the app does not show up at all uless you have ios 12 installed. at least on 3 ipads I tested it does not.

aluminumwelder

Postby aluminumwelder » Thu Dec 27, 2018 11:40 pm

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Thu Dec 27, 2018 11:45 pm

Super weird. In the search it looks like you searched for wifinooth. I trust wifibooth has no hits either?
And i assume the second screenshot you got to from wifibooth.com? Thanks for your help with this!

aluminumwelder

Postby aluminumwelder » Thu Dec 27, 2018 11:48 pm

I know I misspelled wifibooth, but even when spelled right it does not show up in the store on an ios 11 ipad pro.

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Fri Dec 28, 2018 1:02 am

You are right. I got confirmation from another user.
Well it definitely isn’t optimal that it doesn’t appear in the store, but i did not see any drop in downloads when wifibooth went ios12-only. I know 70% have iOS 12 already so as it stands now i don’t think there is really anything i can do about this. Sucks that apple’s store works this way.

Return to “Suggestions & Ideas”