Instagram and email photos

Want something changed, or have a great idea you want to share?
ColorMeMine

Instagram and email photos

Postby ColorMeMine » Thu Oct 01, 2015 8:56 pm

Hello,

We have purchased this app to use in a retail store and I am having a few concerns.

It seemed as though the app connected with Instagram allowing a user that has taken a photo using wifi app to post it to our Instagram account or there own. So far as I can tell the app pulls images from Instagram but does not allow the app to post any of the photos taken onto an Instagram page?

Please let me know if this is something that I am overlooking. Instagram is connected.

My second concern is that I need the user that is taking the photo to have the ability to email it to themselves when they submit the email address upon completing there images.

At some point in the user process people taking photos should be able to share them via Instagram, post them to our Instagram or email the photos to themselves when we capture their email address. One of the three word be good, I can understand if Instagram prevents the publish ability. Email the selected check marked photos as they are taken after submitting the email address seems like a must have function. Since this is not a wedding party and photos must remain shared or emailed with the owners/people in them.

Is this possible or do you have plans to make this an ability at some point in the near future.

If neither option is available and there are no plans to add these functions please let me know how I can go about getting a refund. This app is beautiful and the functions that do work are great. The missing pieces are key to use this in a retail setting.

Larry Parsons
661-373-3176
Planetxeo@gmail.com

tim
Site Admin

Re: Instagram and email photos

Postby tim » Fri Oct 02, 2015 3:59 am

Hi Larry,
Instagram, owned by Facebook, does not allow any app other than the official Instagram app(s) to post on instagram. That's why you'll notice that no other apps (including wifibooth) post on Instagram. I would love to build this but there is no way. The only thing that would get close is the "open in instagram app" way, where my app requests iOS to pop the thing at the bottom where you can see all of the apps that can open photos. The problem with this is that you leave the wifibooth app, and then when the person walks away, they leave the ipad in some other app (like instagram) so the next person has no idea what to do.

To enable photosharing to users, you can turn on the dropbox functionality. Then when an email address is captured, the app will send an email with a link to the dropbox folder with the photos.

hope this helps
-tim

ColorMeMine

Postby ColorMeMine » Sat Oct 31, 2015 6:53 pm

Hello Tim,

I do appreciate the reply in both photo booth softwares pixster and the one used in Lake Tahoe western photo the last user is automatically logged out and a second user with the same photos would have to log in or same user log in again. It is an auto log out to prevent the next user from having the situation as you described above.

While neither app integrated with Instagram, both pixster and the most recent wedding that I had attended have Facebook integration... I am very familiar with the api issues always changing and I completely understand if your app would be in violation of recent developer api TOS by allowing the auto share.

In regards to the photo and email list, would you consider creating an extension that made each user put their email, take their 1 slate of photos, add their email to my a weber or Robly or mailchimp account email list and use the auto responder to create an individual broadcast email that only went to the one email added as per them receiving only the most recent slate of photos.

Meaning user logs in to app with email.
Next user takes 3 photos
Third step app loads three photos in a broadcast email to the one user and emails them the last 3 photos taken by the app
Fourth step email is added to a list as it is done so now. Or added to a list in one of the top email provider api:
A weber
Mail chimp
Robly
Getresponse
Etc.

Next user repeat steps 1-4.

Please let me know?

If none of this is possible I would like to be refunded to my iTunes or back to my cc.

I own a retail store. While I could live with not having social integration I would at least need the app to auto generate one email for each user individually email them only the 3 photos taken by the app. Then it would reset for the next user that logs in, even if it just created one export list as done so now, it would still need to mail my single user only their 3 photos before the next person in line gets a turn.

I sure do hope this is doable and would even be fine with mailing from my gmail if the api is easier to work with than say a weber or mailchimp for the individual mail process.

Thanks for the reply.
Larry Parsons
Planetxeo@gmail.com
661-373-3176

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Sun Nov 01, 2015 11:07 am

Hi Larry
There are 2 specific reasons why the app currently does not email specific batches of photos to users. These are based on my experience of running the app at live events like weddings, corporate events, apéros, etc.

1) Usually there's a lineup of people waiting at the ipad to use it, so it is really important to keep people moving through really fast (or people give up and don't even make it to the ipad). By default, people assume that the email function is as you say: per selected photos. So they select some photos, and enter their email address. After that, they often select more photos, and try to enter their address again. Immediately they are told that the email entry is once for all photos, so they stop. If it's not like this, they go on and on and on, and spend 10 minutes at the ipad while everyone else behind them (who they never even noticed) gives up. It's also similar when people use the photobooth more than once: the second time through, they start trying to enter their address again and again. The limitation of entering it once for all photos is to avoid this problem.

2) At some events, the person who has hired me (or the booth) request that they see all photos first. They don't want live emails going out. This is my default for any events with children -- because if you are responsible for pictures of children ending up online without the parent 100% absolutely for sure understanding what's happening, you can get into big trouble. I also avoid auto-posting from any events where there's alcohol -- for example at weddings, women in skirts often do jump photos and then don't notice that they're exposing their underpants...

I do plan to do some wifibooth updates, and I appreciate your feedback and would like the app to work in a retail setting... but I won't have time to do this until early 2016...

ColorMeMine

Postby ColorMeMine » Wed Nov 04, 2015 2:02 pm

I would like to have my credit card refunded for the app that was purchased.

Can you please let me know if you can refund my card for the $50? Or how I can go about getting a credit back to my card from the App Store?

The purchase was made on Oct 1st in California. According to your records it was made on Thursday Oct. 1st, shorty before 5:50pm PST.

The name on the card used was Larry Parsons.

This product will not work for what I need it to do, I would like my card refunded.

Thank you for your help in completing the return payment to me.

Thank you,
Larry

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Wed Nov 04, 2015 4:22 pm

To apply for refunds for apps, you need to use the link in the receipt-email you receive from apple.

Return to “Suggestions & Ideas”