What i need to make me buy this!

Want something changed, or have a great idea you want to share?
321InstaBooth

What i need to make me buy this!

Postby 321InstaBooth » Thu Nov 10, 2016 6:18 pm

I've been trying different apps to incorporate to my small photo booth business (Simple booth, Wifi Booth, GIF GIF, ext.) One thing that many always request is GIFS. Is there any possibility with the pictures taken can be merged to make a gif that one can control its speed, and have the option as the operator to place a png logo as advertisement over the GIF? It is what's holding me back from purchasing this app of simple booth event edition.

Any future plans on it?

tim
Site Admin

Re: What i need to make me buy this!

Postby tim » Thu Nov 10, 2016 6:23 pm

Sorry, no GIF support is planned. No one else has requested this. This app is primarily for a photo booth, ie. you take pictures and print them. Animated GIFs don't print.
Please write a review for Wifibooth on the Apple App store! Indie developers like me really need people like you to review their apps. Instructions on how to write a review: http://goo.gl/w8NsDI.

JazzyJ35

Postby JazzyJ35 » Sat Nov 25, 2017 5:24 am

I have been using Simple Booth, Photo Media Booth, Curator, Sanppic, and other iPad Photo software and they all offer GIFS or Boomerang. Most of the guest at events will take these GIFS and boomerang images and post it (and print it). One of the GIF files is printed. Not the GIF itself. Statics show that animated or videos are getting more views than still photos.

1. What is preventing me from purchasing this app is lack of updated features (2017). (Gifs, boomerang, filters, digital props, video)
2. Wifi connection - not secure or reliable (only 75%).
3. I don't have confidence that it will work smoothly at an event
4. Trial version (doesn't allow to post, share, or send images) immediately (at the same time).

I like this app but it feels a bit outdated or behind the times.
I know everyone is taking selfies with their phones. I also know a lot of clients are looking for boomerang effects, filters, digital props, etc).
I am not sure what the future plans for this app but I would love to hear it. I see that you are not on Facebook which is another feature many businesses (in 2015) uses to connect with their customers.

Thanks!
IG: that_gloup
facebook: harlemphotobooth

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Sat Nov 25, 2017 10:49 am

Hi,
The good news is that I have been working on GiF support for some time and it is almost ready.
The trial version does not have any limitations except for watermark, as the app says - what do you mean? You can tweet images as they are taken in the trial version, or upload to dropbox.
When you say you find wifi “not secure or reliable“ - that is not my experience at all. What camera are you using that you find the connection is unreliable?
Please write a review for Wifibooth on the Apple App store! Indie developers like me really need people like you to review their apps. Instructions on how to write a review: http://goo.gl/w8NsDI.

JazzyJ35

Postby JazzyJ35 » Sat Nov 25, 2017 1:42 pm

Oh wait... Let me make sure I understand clearly what you are telling me and asking me.
Are you telling me Gifs may come in the future? Awesome!

Oh Wait...
Are you telling me that my clients could take pictures and then get a prompt (on the screen); to send to social media or SMS? Let me review this. I am not heavy on twitter but let me see and review this.

Oh wait...
Are you telling me there are real people using this software at events (with confidence) and it works? Real people who are getting paid and had real success with this product? Now, that is incredible and I will need to read more (and retest the entire system).
IG: that_gloup
facebook: harlemphotobooth

jonl

Postby jonl » Mon Nov 27, 2017 2:21 pm

Oh wait...
Are you telling me there are real people using this software at events (with confidence) and it works? Real people who are getting paid and had real success with this product? Now, that is incredible and I will need to read more (and retest the entire system).
This is my corporate photo booth just this weekend, powered by Wifibooth, a Nikon, and a DNP DS620A. Per client requests, we emailed photos right away, in addition to on-site printing! https://www.instagram.com/p/Bb8ItHzAkGp ... than.c.lin

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Mon Nov 27, 2017 4:11 pm

Wow @jonl, awesome setup! Really dig the lighting & background.

Return to “Suggestions & Ideas”