Features I'd like to use

Want something changed, or have a great idea you want to share?
Stirlo54

Features I'd like to use

Postby Stirlo54 » Sun Jan 29, 2017 9:51 am

Hi All,

I've done a bit of playing around with wifi booth before and am now revisiting because of some of the great new features.

What I would like to be able to do is run an external monitor/projector with a live feed of photos from the event. I can't find any info on slide shows in your help area. Do you know if this is possible. Would it require a secondary app?

Also I wish to be able to use an iPad to trigger photos and use it for the live view function. Is there any way I can use a second iPad to use as the sharing/printing kiosk away from the actual photo booth so there is no bottle neck at the photo booth when 4 people in one photo might want to email themselves a photo or link.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Sam

tim
Site Admin

Re: Features I'd like to use

Postby tim » Sun Jan 29, 2017 11:07 am

Hi Sam
There's no slideshow built in to wifibooth but you could do this if you have internet access: configure wifibooth to auto upload to dropbox or to tweet the photos, then run some slideshow app on the other end that auto shows the newest dropbox/twitter uploads.

Re remote trigerring, you can use iphones or ipods ro do this (run wifibooth on them). There isn't enough bandwidth for live view over bluetooth. When a remote triggers the ipad, it wont disturb anything on the ipad if someone is in the middle of making a collage, entering their email, etc. So one group can be shooting while the other is collaging/printing
Please write a review for Wifibooth on the Apple App store! Indie developers like me really need people like you to review their apps. Instructions on how to write a review: http://goo.gl/w8NsDI.

Stirlo54

Postby Stirlo54 » Sun Jan 29, 2017 4:06 pm

Hi Tim thanks for the reply.

Yes I was thinking that a Dropbox photo stream or Instagram handle slide show might be the way forward.

Do you loose live view if someone is remote triggering using a phone while others are making a collage?

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Sun Jan 29, 2017 4:13 pm

Instagram won't work, I assume you meant Twitter. Dropbox or twitter.

Re remote, best is just to try it out and see if it works for you. It is totally free to try on ipad and iphone, no signup required. You're right that the liveview doesnt show on the ipad if the ipad is in use for collaging / emailing etc.
Please write a review for Wifibooth on the Apple App store! Indie developers like me really need people like you to review their apps. Instructions on how to write a review: http://goo.gl/w8NsDI.

Stirlo54

Postby Stirlo54 » Sun Jan 29, 2017 5:32 pm

Ok great. I think there are websites that you can have a live twitter shashtag too so this might work also.

Thanks for your time

tim
Site Admin

Postby tim » Sun Jan 29, 2017 5:42 pm

You're welcome! Good luck with your events.

xanderswanson

Postby xanderswanson » Tue Feb 07, 2017 6:22 am

What I would like to be able to do is run an external monitor/projector with a live feed of photos from the event. I can't find any info on slide shows in your help area. Do you know if this is possible. Would it require a secondary app?
I haven't tested it out but theoretically there is a way to have your booth running and share to another iPad/iPhone that can then be connected to a tv (via lightning to hdmi cable) - but only if you're running a dslr (won't work for iPad camera). And more specifically without needing internet access to upload to twitter or dropBox...

I'll explain how it "should" work with my setup as an example:
Canon T6 with a toshiba flashair sd card and two iPads

The iPad with wifiBooth running connects to the camera's wifi and you have a working booth as designed. Then, using a second iPad, connect to the Toshiba flashAir card's wifi and use an app like shutterSnitch to pull the images from the card and have a constantly updating slideshow.

Return to “Suggestions & Ideas”