Using External camera

Want something changed, or have a great idea you want to share?
tamus84

Using External camera

Postby tamus84 » Sun Feb 12, 2017 1:18 pm

Hi

First time post here.
I am planning on making a photobooth, and the WIFI Booth seems to fit the bill with using other cameras then the god awful front face camera of the Ipad range.

I am only testing out now so I havent fully grasps the full benefits of the app yet.

I do have a question with using other cameras.

I know the topic "Use iPhone as Camera" from User - bperrella which sounds like an awesome idea to use another idevice to capture the photo. Any new news on this?

But my main question is that could the "DXO One" camera device, which connects direct to the lightning port, be used with the WIFI Booth app. I dont have a DXO one yet, but thought I would ask here first to see if someone has had any success with it.

Anyways thanks for reading. I await any comments.

Thanks
Tam

tim
Site Admin

Re: Using External camera

Postby tim » Sun Feb 12, 2017 2:03 pm

Hi Tam
You are welcome :)
At the moment the iphone app when acting as a remote for the ipad does not send photos, it only receives them. Try it out it is free to play with.
If you want users' photos to show up on the ipad, that is what the Twitter integration is for: get your guests to tweet photos to #yourEvent, and set up wifibooth on the ipad to auto download from #yourEvent. This means the ipad needs internet access.

DXO is currently not supported.
The cheapest camera that works with all the features is the Canon 750D aka T6i.
The optimum camera would be the Canon 80D. I believe the 70D would also be great.
Please write a review for Wifibooth on the Apple App store! Indie developers like me really need people like you to review their apps. Instructions on how to write a review: http://goo.gl/w8NsDI.

Return to “Suggestions & Ideas”